Wikiposts

Need More Info

Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:11 am
Just Joined

dshakhov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need More Info

My wife and I are thinking about moving to Australia. We are secondary school teachers. We are trying to find out if there is any demand for secondary school teachers in Australia? Do you have any idea how much they make?
Also, should we pay the migration agent to help us out? I contacted one agent to ask him some questions about the skills assessment and he wanted almost $900 to help us out with that part of the process. Well, after doing some minimal research I figured out how to do it myself.

I was blown away by the cost of real estate in Australia Which part of Australia has the lowest cost of real estate? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

thanx
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need More Info

Originally Posted by dshakhov
My wife and I are thinking about moving to Australia. We are secondary school teachers. We are trying to find out if there is any demand for secondary school teachers in Australia? Do you have any idea how much they make?
Also, should we pay the migration agent to help us out? I contacted one agent to ask him some questions about the skills assessment and he wanted almost $900 to help us out with that part of the process. Well, after doing some minimal research I figured out how to do it myself.

I was blown away by the cost of real estate in Australia Which part of Australia has the lowest cost of real estate? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

thanx

Don't know to much about teachers, but they tend to get positions in a more rural parts as opposed to the cities for a few years. I'm sure some will come along and let you know more.

South Australia has the lowest house prices, but also the lowest paid wages.

Agents are great if you have no idea at all or if you have a complicated case, but it is possible to do it yourself.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:01 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There's a special section of the site specifically for teachers looking to emigrate here. Not sure the 'having to work rural' thing applies to experienced teachers. If you can do the paperwork yourself then there's no need for a migration agent, but they're very handy in cases that aren't clear-cut. As to housing - once you start looking outside the cities and a few miles inland from the coasts, costs come down considerably.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:14 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you get extra Brownie points if you accept a teaching position in one of the Aboriginal-dominated areas: possibly more salary too. A relation did this on graduation and is now based in Wellington.

Housing tends to be much cheaper there too - a cousin bought for $250k three years ago: 5 acres and the most expensive house in the whole town.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC

South Australia has the lowest house prices, but also the lowest paid wages.
i think maybe Tassie can claim that honour.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
i think maybe Tassie can claim that honour.

Aye, you may be right there.

Don't really know much about Tasmania never looked into it.