Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to meet some like minded people!

Need to meet some like minded people!

Old Jun 12th 2007, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Niecey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need to meet some like minded people!

Hi
My husband and I and 2 wee boys (1 & 3) have been in Melbourne for 2 1/2 years, we've done the trying to meet lots of Aussies thing but I miss British people!! I'm Scottish and my husband is English just wondered if anyone felt the same and wanted to meet some new people?

Ta
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:40 am
Just Joined

davos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to meet some like minded people!

we have been in melbourne 4 months, not made many friends where abouts in melbourne are you? we are lisa and david and have two boys ronan 9 and ethan who is two
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Hi

We are in Mentone, what about you?

D
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:42 am
Just Joined

davos is an unknown quantity at this point

we are in north balwyn , not to far from you about twenty to thirty mins drive,
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by davos
we are in north balwyn , not to far from you about twenty to thirty mins drive,
so what brings you to sunny Melbourne? We are here cause my husband got transferred from work so we are on a temp 4 year visa and are contimplating PR at the moment. What about you are you temp. or perm.

What do you think of OZ so far? Sorry lots of questions...

Oh which part of the UK are you from?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Madster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

We are due to come out in Aug (Lauren just turned 4, and George who is just gone 15 months), and must admit am getting nervous about meeting people out there, is it as easy as people make out or is it really quite difficult?
I would love to meet up once we are out there, but all depends on where we would end settling of course, but if nothing else there are always nights out
Mads

Originally Posted by Niecey
Hi
My husband and I and 2 wee boys (1 & 3) have been in Melbourne for 2 1/2 years, we've done the trying to meet lots of Aussies thing but I miss British people!! I'm Scottish and my husband is English just wondered if anyone felt the same and wanted to meet some new people?

Ta
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madster
Hiya

We are due to come out in Aug (Lauren just turned 4, and George who is just gone 15 months), and must admit am getting nervous about meeting people out there, is it as easy as people make out or is it really quite difficult?
I would love to meet up once we are out there, but all depends on where we would end settling of course, but if nothing else there are always nights out
Mads
Hi

Would love to meet up when you get here, I know its a bit scary at first and its always nice to speak to someone who's been here for a while just to tell you where to shop and stuff!!

My youngest is 16months old, I think I found it more difficult to meet people because I'm working as all the mothers groups and playgroups are during the week, I did join one when I first started and met a couple of people and one really good friend so they are a good start when you get here. The place where you get kiddies check ups and stuff is called maternal health care nurse and she will put you in touch with a group of mums with kids the same age.
Any idea where you will be living? If you need any advice or want to ask any questions just give me a shout.

D
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Madster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thanks for your reply, will PM you later, hope that is ok
Cheers
Maddie
Originally Posted by Niecey
Hi

Would love to meet up when you get here, I know its a bit scary at first and its always nice to speak to someone who's been here for a while just to tell you where to shop and stuff!!

My youngest is 16months old, I think I found it more difficult to meet people because I'm working as all the mothers groups and playgroups are during the week, I did join one when I first started and met a couple of people and one really good friend so they are a good start when you get here. The place where you get kiddies check ups and stuff is called maternal health care nurse and she will put you in touch with a group of mums with kids the same age.
Any idea where you will be living? If you need any advice or want to ask any questions just give me a shout.

D
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Madster
Hi Thanks for your reply, will PM you later, hope that is ok
Cheers
Maddie
Hi all,

I'm coming to Melbourne late August and keen to meet up at some stage.

Should be flying 22nd August and on a 4-year TR.

Cheers

Zach
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davos
we have been in melbourne 4 months, not made many friends where abouts in melbourne are you? we are lisa and david and have two boys ronan 9 and ethan who is two
There are several Whites Downunder who live in Melbourne. We used to listen to North End matches live on the internet a few years ago; I'll see if I can trace my World Wide Whites membership details and come up with some contact numbers for you. Whatever you do........... don't go back to Preston; give it a go over here. I was really disappointed on a recent visit back to Preston.

In '92 we held a Preston Guild get together here in Perth and had more than 500 turn up........ great craic, had a live link up with the major of Preston and a chat to Sir Tom.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:24 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Can I join this thread even tho I don't have kids??? ;o)
I am Scottish tho, and we live in Melbourne - Hampton to be exact.
What about getting plenty of Scots together and us all going to the next Melbourne meet?!

*pearly*
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:09 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Can I join this thread even tho I don't have kids??? ;o)
I am Scottish tho, and we live in Melbourne - Hampton to be exact.
What about getting plenty of Scots together and us all going to the next Melbourne meet?!

*pearly*
(Hi Pearly)

I'm up for that!

Me 36, Scottish, one son 12 months. Currently in Eltham looking to move Bayside.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:51 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Leave it with me. I'm going to ask someone about this on the forums who's well used to organising the famous Melbourne Curry Night meets! Get back to you all soon.

*pearly*
Old Jul 1st 2007, 3:12 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Leave it with me. I'm going to ask someone about this on the forums who's well used to organising the famous Melbourne Curry Night meets! Get back to you all soon.

*pearly*
You talking about me ?

Carl and I have been here for two and a half years ...we live in Elsternwick

I'm friends with Busterboy and Pearly - (even though they might not agree ) - but love to meet up with more people too

So, what's to do now??
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:41 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Hey Weirdstone,

Yeah, talkin about you!!! ( BTW it's not Busterboy I don't agree with it's the OTHER one..........! DOH! )
Anyway, what about we put a new "Melbourne Curry Night" meet on the .......................meet up forum???
ALL NAMES old and new WELCOME!

*pearly*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.