Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to meet new friends!!

Need to meet new friends!!

Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:28 am
Just Joined

rhiannon82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need to meet new friends!!

Hi guys, I'm Rhiannon and I moved over to Melbourne last year with my fiance, who is from here, and am struggling to know how and where to meet new people. We live in the suburbs so its not like I'm bumping into people my age all the time - I'm 26 but easily get on with people of all ages. I'm interested in music, dance and fashion and am originally from North West England. If there is anybody out there who would like to meet up give me a shout! I'm actually feeling like I wanna go home so any friendly faces would be much appreciated!! Thanks x
Old Jul 1st 2008, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Mepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really nice
Default Re: Need to meet new friends!!

Hi Rhiannon,
How do you like Melbourne? I moved here in Feb with my Aussie husband, we have been living in QLD for the previous two years. I love the shopping and coffee shop culture here but I quite often feel like going home too in fact I just got back from a long visit home, which was amazing... and now trying to get back into Oz again... Please feel free to pm me if you need to chat anytime
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Ali Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really nice

hey which suburb are you in? im in ferntree gully in the east. it does take time to settle in but you do get there. theres a meet up in williamstown on sunday or in the city next friday night, they are a good bunch of people and have a laugh.take care ali
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice
Default Re: Need to meet new friends!! me too!

Hey, i am in Frankston at the moment but work in Berwick.. I have been here 8 months today! Blimey, how fast it goes...

I desperately miss meeting up 'with the girls' so am up for a meet of some sort? I am 30 and here with my boyf. Love and miss shopping, like a wine and a gossip/chat... also miss heat - which i get sent out about once a month... Miss the music festival culture at home and struggling knowing that Glastonbury was last weekend!

(ooo this sounds like a lonley hearts ad ). PM me if you want to have a chat.

Kate x
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Mepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really niceMepy is just really nice

Got to have Heat, and you know you can it in Borders and read it in their coffee shop, then put it back. Essential part of British culture right?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

i did NOT know that!!! Where is a boarders... my partner will love that, he hates me receiving heat every two weeks from his mum... (he hates anything to do with gossip mags, so the less in the house the better!).

I will google boarders... is it there weekly?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Yes, but it's a bit out of date, also can find UK Hello and bizarrely Star magazine for about $10....! There is a Borders in Melbourne Central in the city and a big one on Lygon St. So nice to have a coffee there and read mags for free
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

There seems to be a lot of us out there who miss the girly chats and stuff! We've been here 2 months and I'm struggling too.
I'm in Cheltenham, but work in the city at the mo. Anyone who wants to chat, feel free!!!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sianystar
There seems to be a lot of us out there who miss the girly chats and stuff! We've been here 2 months and I'm struggling too.
I'm in Cheltenham, but work in the city at the mo. Anyone who wants to chat, feel free!!!
Thanks for the replies everyone...for some reason I cant figure out why I cant read or send PMs so apologies for seeming rude! I'm still hoping to meet up with people so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears! Was thinking of joining some sort of class or something just to meet people, not sure what though!! I know I have to put myself out there to make friends but I'm kinda shy so it makes it hard!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rhiannon82
Thanks for the replies everyone...for some reason I cant figure out why I cant read or send PMs so apologies for seeming rude! I'm still hoping to meet up with people so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears! Was thinking of joining some sort of class or something just to meet people, not sure what though!! I know I have to put myself out there to make friends but I'm kinda shy so it makes it hard!
Oh, and I'm in Caroline Springs, its about 30 mins from the city, western highway. Its abit far out and suburban which doesnt help matters!!!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

louisethepom will become famous soon enoughlouisethepom will become famous soon enough

Hi Shannon, i'm Louise 29 from NW Uk 2 have been here 10 years nd would love to chat
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Hey
Does anyone fancy arranging a meet up? I am free Wed and Thurs evenings (or weekend)? We could meet for a dinner somewhere?

I am from MK at home . PM me if you would like to or we can arrange a meet up on this thread??
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

louisethepom will become famous soon enoughlouisethepom will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Need to meet new friends!!

I'm more than happy to meet up available weekends and dome night during the week.
How do you pm!!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louisethepom
I'm more than happy to meet up available weekends and dome night during the week.
How do you pm!!
i dont know!? I think you click on my name and then have a choice to send a personal message? I will try and pm you to see if it works :-S

Just worked it out and PM'ed you :-)

Last edited by LittleHobo; Aug 13th 2008 at 10:05 am.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LittleHobo
Hey
Does anyone fancy arranging a meet up? I am free Wed and Thurs evenings (or weekend)? We could meet for a dinner somewhere?

I am from MK at home . PM me if you would like to or we can arrange a meet up on this thread??
I'd be up for a meet-up, somewhere in the city?
M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.