... Need I say anymore ? ...

Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ... Need I say anymore ? ...

OK, I will ...

The most incredible Test match

Roll on Thursday

I must take my hat off to the Aussies for their sportsmanship ... following Flintoff's dismissal in the 2nd innings, Warne applauded Flintoff off and I lipread "Great innings Freddie" ... Shane, like him or loathe him is a legend

During the game ... no quarter is being asked nor given ... but this series at the moment is sport at it's finest

Flintoff squaring up to Clarke was brilliant.

Three Legs
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ... Need I say anymore ? ...

God, I am going to have to learn something about cricket if I'm going to move to Oz. Already can't answer most of my sons questions about the universe and engines and stuff. So I think I'd probably start getting interested

Tracey
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:08 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

We were there on Friday - took my Dad as a surprise(first test match he had been to in nearly 60yrs!) and my daughter (her very first one as she is less than 8mths old).

Great day, brillant cricket, good atmosphere with both supporters, and good fun banter between the 2 incl some amusing parodies.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

When Warne came onto bowl in the 2nd innings and the crowd were singing ...

"Where's yer missus gone ... where's yer missus gone"

Justin Langer who was on the boundary had to turn to the crowd as he couldn't face the square and Warne as he was pi55ing himself.

3L

Originally Posted by walaj
We were there on Friday - took my Dad as a surprise(first test match he had been to in nearly 60yrs!) and my daughter (her very first one as she is less than 8mths old).

Great day, brillant cricket, good atmosphere with both supporters, and good fun banter between the 2 incl some amusing parodies.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:27 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

To understand the way Aussies play cricket goes a long way to understand the way they live.

During the match they hate you, they will use whatever tactics they can to win, including trying to get under your skin. But if you play the game as hard as they do you will earn their respect. Then after the game everyone is friends and they will drink with you all night.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:32 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

barmy army songs

For shane warne ones - look at the ones near the bottom to the tune of 'my old mans a dustman' and enjoy
Old Aug 8th 2005, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj

I went on Thursday and what a fantastic day. Never thought I'd see England score 400 runs in one day.

Best moment apart from hearing McGrath was injured was when Warne was given a standing ovation for conceeding 100 runs.
In the spirit of things he laughed along with it.

Let's hope they can keep it going for Thursday

Graham
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I love cricket. Although I don't support England or Australia (but wanted England to win as I can't stand Aussie Cricket) I thought it was a fantastic test match played between the 2 best teams in the world. No quarter asked or given, England are not the whipping boys they were & the Aussies have a real fight on their hands. Aussie were unlucky as Kasprowicz was not out (ball brushed his glove but his hand was not on the bat - not out) but then neither was Pietersen out the previous day, swings & roundabouts. The way Flintoff went up to Lee at the end was a nice touch.

The momentum is with England, If they don't win the ashes now they will only have themselves to blame.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard that Brett Lee has been taken to hospital with a knee infection.

He could be out of the next test.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Just heard that Brett Lee has been taken to hospital with a knee infection.

He could be out of the next test.
What a pity!. Mcgrath & Lee both out, who they gonna call....
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Three Legs

OK, I will ...

Roll on Thursday

I must take my hat off to the Aussies for their sportsmanship ... following Flintoff's dismissal in the 2nd innings, Warne applauded Flintoff off and I lipread "Great innings Freddie" ... Shane, like him or loathe him is a legend

During the game ... no quarter is being asked nor given ... but this series at the moment is sport at it's finest

Three Legs
What a game i was on the edge of my seat the whole time , a real roller coaster ride. At some stages i did not know if i was gonna puke,cry,laugh or jump around the room. It would be great if it went to 2 all and all hinged on the last match, but i'll settle for a 4 - 1 to England
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs

OK, I will ...

Roll on Thursday

Three Legs
enough said

roll on thursday!!!!

steve
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I love cricket. Although I don't support England or Australia (but wanted England to win as I can't stand Aussie Cricket) I thought it was a fantastic test match played between the 2 best teams in the world. No quarter asked or given, England are not the whipping boys they were & the Aussies have a real fight on their hands. Aussie were unlucky as Kasprowicz was not out (ball brushed his glove but his hand was not on the bat - not out) but then neither was Pietersen out the previous day, swings & roundabouts. The way Flintoff went up to Lee at the end was a nice touch.

The momentum is with England, If they don't win the ashes now they will only have themselves to blame.
You could support England given all the seffa's on the team
It was a riveting game, I got so engrossed that I forgot that "24" was on (bloody channel 7)
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:39 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be an interesting match at Old Trafford. But I pity England's tailenders after the way that Flintoff bowled to Kasprowicz and Lee towards the end.

And Australia's batsmen have got a lot to answer for; the highest scores of Australia's second innings came from Warne and Lee! Although it's always nice to see that smug sod Ponting get a duck.