Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need a hug... warning...a "personal" girly thread

Good luck

Cyber hugs and thinking of you

Julia
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surfdude
Hi there. Sorry to hear the heartache you have been going through. I went through a similar situation whilst we were waiting on our visa application. Thankfully, the main lump was a cyst, mammogram was clear but I had residual abnormalities, thickening and various lumps in my left breast. Had to have a core biopsy of the thickening (it hurt slightly and did bruise). No suspicious cells were found in the biopsy but my doctor was still not OK so I had to have an ultrasound which revealed my breast to be full of cysts !

I asked if they could syringe them out and was told my breast would look like a pin cushion ! I was told to go away and if I noticed any other changes to come back.

I came away with mixed emotions - my life was in my hands - what a responsibility. I have lived ever since for the day but with such fear that I cannot describe. I seem to have lost the plot sometimes - don't notice a change but they could be. It does play with you mind.

When I went for my smear here in Aus I mentioned the 'breast' problem to the doctor and said it was put down to fybrocystic changes (common for a 37 year old). She was shocked and said I should have routine ultrasound's - to keep a check. I have a form to go and I have to go within the next couple of months. The thought of it all again really frightens me and the possibility of my new life changing dramatically makes me put it off for 'another week'.

I will do it soon, I know I have too but its not just me if affects, its my very special hubby (never tell the kids) and having seen what he went through last time I don't know if I can do it to him again. As I say, I know I have to and I will go.

Anyway, I do understand and I wish you all the strength you can muster.

SD.
Hi Surfdude,
Thanks for the reply and sharing with me... please make sure you don't delay too long now, if it's an ultrasound it will be over and done with before you know it.
Take care now
x x
Larissa
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
Now weve got rid of the boys can we talk about thrush??
(Ozzie advert)

Matt
It's alright Hup, we understand your problem, men can get it too... get yerself down to the chemist and ask for Canesten

Hehehe sorry I couldn't resist that one, I came home last night and read this part of the thread and went to bed giggling
Ta HUP!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone for all your kind thoughts, pms, cute piccies and karma... this forum has been great therapy without the bill!
Take care
Larissa
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:19 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Larissa!!!!!!!!

You poor fellow 'pompey lil' Everything will be fine I'm sure.......keep positive...sending you major major hugs and karma hun!!!!!!!!!!!

Petra xx
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:21 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

..damn this karma thing.......it won't let me ...I've yet to understand how the whole piggin' thing works...in the meantime have an IOU!!!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers Petra, hope all is well in Buderim, reminds me of old Dotty... wasn't she living there? I that where you showed me on the vid?
Well, I was just feeling a bit poop when my dsylexic hubby rang the private hospital and enquired after autopsy for his wife... I wish I'd been a fly on the wall and seen the receptionist's face! He is now asking lots of questions about biopsies, the wait for a public appointment is 3 weeks... but you can pay privately and claim back on medicare.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:58 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Larissa
Cheers Petra, hope all is well in Buderim, reminds me of old Dotty... wasn't she living there? I that where you showed me on the vid?
Well, I was just feeling a bit poop when my dsylexic hubby rang the private hospital and enquired after autopsy for his wife... I wish I'd been a fly on the wall and seen the receptionist's face! He is now asking lots of questions about biopsies, the wait for a public appointment is 3 weeks... but you can pay privately and claim back on medicare.
Sent you a pm
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi guys
A quick update, I have got a private consultation on Monday, followed by the biopsy (not autopsy!) on Tuesday, results are booked in for Thursday. I mentioned earlier that we hadn't got round to getting cover yet, but apparently I wouldn't be covered for this anyway. The total cost is about $1200, we should be able to claim back about $480 on medicare, so it's not a lot really. It's a relief to get it all over and done with so quickly.
I also decided to call my parents this morning, after much deliberation as I was worried about them freaking out (my dad suffered a stroke last year). My mum was great, her friend suffered from the same condition for many years and so she was familiar with it. My dad is fine too, they are probably relieved that its not the really bad invasive cancer, if it is cancer at all. Bear in mind most of my grandparents died of various cancers so the fear there in my folks isn't suprising. I feel much better as I had a real urge to call my mlum and started to pine for her, but I'm alright now.
Everyone has been really sweet to me, friends from the forum have called (thanks guys, you are stars) and my son's childcare has accomodated him for an extra session, so I can take it easy. Ladies from church are praying for me and have bought me flowers so I feel a bit spoilt.
I've been finding out about everything and found some great web resources... ignorance is not bliss! I felt like I needed to understand more and feel alright although some of the possibilities aren't nice. I'm not dwelling on things though I occasionally get emotional, that is to be expected and I bounce back quickly.
I've taken some control over the situation in changing my diet and have cut out dairy, I'm vegie anyway so it shouldn't be too hard. Soya milk, soya products and tofu are suposed to be great for those at risk of breast cancer and this is something I will always have to watch now. I'm not giving up a bit of dark 70% lindt though for medicinal purposes
Larissa
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
A quick update, I have got a private consultation on Monday, followed by the biopsy (not autopsy!) on Tuesday, results are booked in for Thursday. I mentioned earlier that we hadn't got round to getting cover yet, but apparently I wouldn't be covered for this anyway. The total cost is about $1200, we should be able to claim back about $480 on medicare, so it's not a lot really. It's a relief to get it all over and done with so quickly.
I also decided to call my parents this morning, after much deliberation as I was worried about them freaking out (my dad suffered a stroke last year). My mum was great, her friend suffered from the same condition for many years and so she was familiar with it. My dad is fine too, they are probably relieved that its not the really bad invasive cancer, if it is cancer at all. Bear in mind most of my grandparents died of various cancers so the fear there in my folks isn't suprising. I feel much better as I had a real urge to call my mlum and started to pine for her, but I'm alright now.
Everyone has been really sweet to me, friends from the forum have called (thanks guys, you are stars) and my son's childcare has accomodated him for an extra session, so I can take it easy. Ladies from church are praying for me and have bought me flowers so I feel a bit spoilt.
I've been finding out about everything and found some great web resources... ignorance is not bliss! I felt like I needed to understand more and feel alright although some of the possibilities aren't nice. I'm not dwelling on things though I occasionally get emotional, that is to be expected and I bounce back quickly.
I've taken some control over the situation in changing my diet and have cut out dairy, I'm vegie anyway so it shouldn't be too hard. Soya milk, soya products and tofu are suposed to be great for those at risk of breast cancer and this is something I will always have to watch now. I'm not giving up a bit of dark 70% lindt though for medicinal purposes
Larissa

I shall be crossing everything for you Larissa, and thinking about you next week.

lots of love and luck.........(and i shall have a bit of lindt for you later )

sue xx
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:49 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

wishing you all the luck in the world larissa. you sound so positive it can only go in your favour.

my lump was just a fatty tissue. thank god
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, great that you've got the appointments so quick!

Good that you called your mum. That's what mums are for

All fingers will be crossed, but luckily it can't be really bad anyway!!

xx

Simone
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:40 pm
AuSsIe ChIcK!!!

chloegroovy will become famous soon enoughchloegroovy will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Need a hug... warning...a "personal" girly thread

Hiya Larissa
i sort of know how u feel ma aunite Donna has had Brest Cancer twice!!!
Sending u lots of hugs!!!!!
)))))))))))))))))))))Hug hug hug hug hug hug Hug(((((((((((((((((((
Reply soon
love
chloe
xxxxxxxxx
p.s Chin up keep smiling ur in a lovely country with lots of sun n fit surfers!!!! lool!!!! While im here ur inAustralia having all the sunshine England is so crap we get crap everything crap weather crap people!!!!!!
reply soon
love
chloe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi guys
Thanks for all the support which has meant a lot over the past bumpy days.
I had the procedure (eek yuck, don't mean to put anyone off having it but it was pretty icky and ouchy) on Tuesday & went back for the results today. It was benign thank God, I just have to go back in 12 months as they'll need to monitor me regularly now.
So I can just forget about it for now. Phew.
Take care all of yous, make sure you check out any problems girlies, it's better to be safe than sorry.
x x
Larissa
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:18 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

WOooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

xx
Simone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.