Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need Hep with Santa's Footprints

Need Hep with Santa's Footprints

Old Dec 24th 2006, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Need Hep with Santa's Footprints

For the last 2 Christmas Eves after the children go to bed I get the Fake Spary Snow out and make Santa's foot prints etc, but this year I have only been able to get 2 cans and I dont think this will be enough - does anyone else have any other ideas on how I can make snow footprints outside on the grass and pavers??

Looking forward to you replies
Old Dec 24th 2006, 2:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Hep with Santa's Footprints

Try using either flour or cornstarch (corn flour) and a stencil cut out. It's realistic for snow and much more environmentally friendly than that canned stuff.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Try using either flour or cornstarch (corn flour) and a stencil cut out. It's realistic for snow and much more environmentally friendly than that canned stuff.

I thought about that but wont it blow away during the night??
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:32 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimi
I thought about that but wont it blow away during the night??

It will do in Perth - it was blowing a right old hoolie last night.

Could you sneak out ( just before they check outside) with wet feet leave foot prints and say Santas been surfing?
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:52 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Why not leave a sand trail...or tyre marks and tell the kids he's a hoon
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
It will do in Perth - it was blowing a right old hoolie last night.
Wasn't it just, woke me up.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:57 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
or tyre marks and tell the kids he's a hoon

Instead of jingling bells it could be screeching tyres
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:58 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by northernbird
Wasn't it just, woke me up.

Same here - bloody rattling blinds (I might just post that on the moving back to UK forum )
Old Dec 24th 2006, 4:03 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

For the last 2 Christmas Eves after the children go to bed I get the Fake Spary Snow out and make Santa's foot prints etc, but this year I have only been able to get 2 cans and I dont think this will be enough - does anyone else have any other ideas on how I can make snow footprints outside on the grass and pavers??

Every year I use a pair of my boots and make flour footprints through the house. It vacuums up easily and they get to see the footprints along the hallway to the tree..........

Just sprinkle the flour around the outside of the boots and move them in a track-pattern through the house sprinkling more flour as you go.....
Old Dec 24th 2006, 4:17 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by gardnma
Every year I use a pair of my boots and make flour footprints through the house. It vacuums up easily and they get to see the footprints along the hallway to the tree..........

Just sprinkle the flour around the outside of the boots and move them in a track-pattern through the house sprinkling more flour as you go.....

Thats a nice easy (and sensible ) one
Old Dec 24th 2006, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
Thats a nice easy (and sensible ) one
Yer,

It works well too...sooner or later they will try to taste the "magic snow" and then the gig is up.....
Old Dec 24th 2006, 4:24 am
sme
......in the sand !

Yer,

It works well too...sooner or later they will try to taste the "magic snow" and then the gig is up.....

............or sniff it
Old Dec 24th 2006, 4:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
............or sniff it

Fortunately, I'll be able to tell the signs...........
Old Dec 24th 2006, 4:37 am
sme
......in the sand !

Fortunately, I'll be able to tell the signs...........

Just say "NO"
Old Dec 24th 2006, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

We've used Shake & Vac (!) in the past, it came with one footprint stencil that you just turned over - very effective - we got it from Boots so that's not really helpful for you, unless there is an equivalent product over there. Last year used glitter, just made a trail of the stuff from the chimney to the tree - it's a bugger to hoover up and we still had the stuff in the carpet at Easter, but many happy memories!

Good luck with whatever you decide to use....