Reload this Page >

Need help on Superannuation and PR

Need help on Superannuation and PR

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

smmk40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help on Superannuation and PR

Hi ppl,

I need an urgent help on Claiming super annuation whist my PR application has already been lodged with DIAC (australia).... I have stayed in australia for round about 3 years (on a 457 - work permit)...Before I left to my hometown (Since my job assignment was over), I had applied for my PR and have got the confirmation number from Australian government.

Now, the problem is, the online form is not allowing me to claim my superannuation. My visa has been cancelled, but the system is still not allowing me to apply for my super annnuation since my PR application has been lodged....Can anyone please please give me some insights?

Can I ever claim my super annuation contribution, since my PR has not been approved it and not been picked up by case office yet??

Please help guys..

Rgds,
Smmk.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Need help on Superannuation and PR

Guys,

Please please help guys..Am a newbie to this site and I seriously don't know whom to ask for information...... I tried exploring and claiming my super via website, but it is not allowing me so...
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:18 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smmk40
Guys,

Please please help guys..Am a newbie to this site and I seriously don't know whom to ask for information...... I tried exploring and claiming my super via website, but it is not allowing me so...

I've no idea - maybe you should try contacting someone like Alan Collett (Go Matilda) for advise.

Good luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:41 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

You are not allowed to claim your superannuation unless you are leaving Australia PERMANENTLY, so, if you are applying for PR it's obvious that you will eventually come back to Australia.

If your visa application is denied you will be eligible to get it.

If you get PR, you will not be able to access your super until you're 65 years old
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a similar question:
I am currently holding a 457 visa and will apply soon for a 175 visa.
When can I clain the superannuation back? Just before lodging the 175 application (I will still be in Australia with my 457 visa)? Before the grant of the 175 visa?

Thanks for you help!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Im on 457, and I was under the impression you only get your super back if you actually leave Australia and go back home to live. I think its for people who work in OZ a couple of years but dont want to stay or cant.

So if your applying for a permanent visa, I think you can not claim your super back.

Gems
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks Mary, tking and Gems..

Now on the similar lines, I am the primary applicant for the PR (subclass VE 175) and my wife is a dependent. She has also returned with me to hometown and both of us are just waiting...Is she eligible to apply for her super? (She was also working in OZ).... mmmm...it doesn't make sense to get her super either..since she is in dependent list..but just checking...

Thanks again for all your help...

rgds,
smmk.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:33 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking

<snip>

If you get PR, you will not be able to access your super until you're 65 years old
55 actually ...
http://www.ato.gov.au/super/content....tent/74219.htm

Best regards.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:43 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett

Like a knight in shining armour
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smmk40
Guys,

Only giving posters three hours to reply, and three hours in the very very early morning Aus time isn't likely to get you a lot of answers. You need to be more realistic in your expectations!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 11:42 am
Just Joined

That was something born out of a disease called "Panic". Apologies, and shall try to be more realistic.

Thanks for the tip...