Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need Help With Reccie Trip To Brisbane

Need Help With Reccie Trip To Brisbane

Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Need Help With Reccie Trip To Brisbane

We are going on a reccie next April, flying into Brisbane, thinking of staying first week around Bayside area, (Mrs Dagboy I'm going to need your help I think with accom)!! and then going up to Sunshine Coast for 2nd week. Has anyone any reccomendations on accommodation for us. 3 kids in tow! 14, 11 and 5. First week we want to stay in residential area to get a real feel for the place and then drive up Sunshine Coast. Where is nice to stay on Sunshine Coast? A resort style place would be nice but not sure what area?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated (good or bad)!!
Thanks jox
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:35 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need Help With Reccie Trip To Brisbane

Originally Posted by joanneS
We are going on a reccie next April, flying into Brisbane, thinking of staying first week around Bayside area, (Mrs Dagboy I'm going to need your help I think with accom)!! and then going up to Sunshine Coast for 2nd week. Has anyone any reccomendations on accommodation for us. 3 kids in tow! 14, 11 and 5. First week we want to stay in residential area to get a real feel for the place and then drive up Sunshine Coast. Where is nice to stay on Sunshine Coast? A resort style place would be nice but not sure what area?
Thanks jox
Hi
We are doing the same! out in April for our reccie,have you looked at caloundra??
Try caloundratourism.com.au
they've lots of good links etc
hope it helps
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks jox
Hmmm, Easter and school holidays.

Timing or early bookings will be important.

WW
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:41 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Hmmm, Easter and school holidays.

Timing or early bookings will be important.

WW
You can still get good deals,we've managed a 2 bed apartment overlooking the beach on a small complex (friends out there have been to look at it for us) for £900 for 3 weeks over the easter hols etc! Cheaper than a 2 weeks in weymouth!!! Yes I know we wouldn't fly to weymouth before somebody says !!
happy days
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi
We are doing the same! out in April for our reccie,have you looked at caloundra??
Try caloundratourism.com.au
they've lots of good links etc
hope it helps
Hi rugbymad, i have been looking at caloundra (looks lovely doesn't it)! I've had a look at a resort called Worldmark Golden Beach - have you heard of it? Where are you staying? I'm going to follow you!LOL.
Have you booked your flights yet? We've booked ours with Singapore airlines on 2nd April. Can't wait!!!
Where are you hoping to live?
Thanks for the advice jox
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:55 pm
Running on the spot.

Hi rugbymad, i have been looking at caloundra (looks lovely doesn't it)! I've had a look at a resort called Worldmark Golden Beach - have you heard of it? Where are you staying? I'm going to follow you!LOL.
Have you booked your flights yet? We've booked ours with Singapore airlines on 2nd April. Can't wait!!!
Where are you hoping to live?
Thanks for the advice jox
Hi Can you pm asap and i'll get back to you!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo, have replied to your PM, as WW said Easter might make it a bit more difficult, make sure you try to book as earliy as you can .
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:33 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

You might want to check out Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast:

http://www.twinwatersresort.com.au/

Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you have kids, they'll love it. We went for a weekend and it's pretty central for Sunshine Coast activities.

R
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi Can you pm asap and i'll get back to you!
I've sent you a pm now. sorry if ive kept you waiting. Have been watching i'm a celebrity!
jox
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Need Help With Reccie Trip To Brisbane

Originally Posted by samnrob2
You might want to check out Twin Waters on the Sunshine Coast:

http://www.twinwatersresort.com.au/

Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you have kids, they'll love it. We went for a weekend and it's pretty central for Sunshine Coast activities.

R
Thanks Samrob i'll have a look at the site now. Definitely kid friendly places are what we are looking for!
jox
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:22 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jox
Have you considered Noosa ? Its absolutely stunning beach and great restaurants and of course very close to pretty much everything on the sunshine coast and one of our favorite places to take a break.

Good discount hotel and apartment prices to be found here :

http://www.wotif.com/Australia-Sunsh...sa-Hotels.html

Have fun!