Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need help re having babies and migration

Wikiposts

need help re having babies and migration

Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question need help re having babies and migration

My hubby and I have waitied a while to have children and desperatley want them, our application is in would our medicals just be put off until I had the child ?

Or could they x ray me while pregnant (well i know they can) but the risks ?

Whether people agree or not babies to us are very and just wanted anyone who is now delaying through wanting children.

Anyone got the link for the list of doctors in your area for medicals I couldn't see it on the page.

Thanks in advance

Carrianne
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

It is your decision in the end on when you decide to go.

Good luck

footie chick
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

Yes I know, we are not in a rush hubby as plenty years left in him, just wondered what would happen.

or if anyone else is in a similair situation

Thanks

C x
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Just think of the fun you can have practising.

Nice area you are thinking of going to we have a real estate brochure on the sunshine coast very persuading indeed.

footie chick
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:18 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hiya,

Yes I know, we are not in a rush hubby as plenty years left in him, just wondered what would happen.

or if anyone else is in a similair situation

Thanks

C x

Hi know exactly how you feel. I am so broody at times that I can't even look at a pregnant woman without feeling envious! Very unchristian!

Our application was sent in at the end of Jan and, despite all our hormones diagreeing with us we have decided to wait until we are in Oz before starting a family. The reasons for this are:

1) time - we would put the medicals off until I gave birth if I got pregnant now, and this will delay our visas

2) hassle (& cost) - travelling all the way to Oz with a baby will be much harder than travelling by ourselves.

3) new start - we like the thought of our kids being entirely Australian from birth

Having said all that, a friend of mine migrated with a two month old (& a three year old, & a five year old) so it can be done.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Mel
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes it was stunning, but had alot of work around there for hubby adn we know of a few people who live aroudn that area so shouldn't be too bad.

Carrianne x
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Mel,

Your reasons are almost parallel to mine but, the need is greater than the hassle.

I have waited an while and for all those reasons I have good answers.

We are not in a rush really to get to Oz, so putting the application off for a few months isn't that bad for us considering or hoping that you will spend the rest of your days there and also, I would like my family yo see any baby I had before I went that for me is more important than having to fly with them on a plane, I can think of much worse cirumstances a child could be in.

I can only find out though, so if anyone knows what happens I would greatly appreciate the guidance.

Thanks

Carrianne x
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:42 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Mel,

Your reasons are almost parallel to mine but, the need is greater than the hassle.

I have waited an while and for all those reasons I have good answers.

We are not in a rush really to get to Oz, so putting the application off for a few months isn't that bad for us considering or hoping that you will spend the rest of your days there and also, I would like my family yo see any baby I had before I went that for me is more important than having to fly with them on a plane, I can think of much worse cirumstances a child could be in.

I can only find out though, so if anyone knows what happens I would greatly appreciate the guidance.

Thanks

Carrianne x
Thanks Carrianne

I agree wholehartedly with what you are saying. Unfortunalty for me my hubby's need for less hassle is greater than my need for babies! So I have agreed to wait

only another year or so to go...

Best of luck with your own plans

Mel
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Hiya sweetie,

Good luck to you we are about the same time early Feb we loged our visa.

I have spoken to my agent who is giving me sound advice,

Keep in touch Mel and have a great weekend,

Carrianne xx
Old Apr 11th 2003, 2:54 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mika24me
Thanks Carrianne

I agree wholehartedly with what you are saying. Unfortunalty for me my hubby's need for less hassle is greater than my need for babies! So I have agreed to wait

only another year or so to go...

Best of luck with your own plans

Mel
We're in the same boat. The thought of having a new baby at the same time as trying to move to the other side of the world is scary. I just wish the visa would hurry up and arrive...tick, tock goes the biological clock.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:12 am
Hussy

Originally posted by bored_bean
We're in the same boat. The thought of having a new baby at the same time as trying to move to the other side of the world is scary. I just wish the visa would hurry up and arrive...tick, tock goes the biological clock.
It's so nice to know I am not the only one going through this!

When did you apply?
Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

hiya,

7th of Feb skilled independant visa, I am 30 hubby is 25 both just turned in March, 30 must have been a milestone.

we ahve wanted children since 2000 but only got married last July so wasn't really a good time.

What about you Mel.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:49 am
Hussy

hiya,

7th of Feb skilled independant visa, I am 30 hubby is 25 both just turned in March, 30 must have been a milestone.

we ahve wanted children since 2000 but only got married last July so wasn't really a good time.

What about you Mel.
Married October 2001, applied January 2003 (skilled independant).

I am 22 and my hubby is 29 but I have wanted kids since I was one myself! I think if it was not for the visa I would definatly be thinking about starting my family straight away..

Am I right in thinking you are also in Bonnie Scotland?
Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:57 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mika24me
It's so nice to know I am not the only one going through this!

When did you apply?
Oops am I stuck in a girly chat I'm 31, my wife is 27 (and broody) DIMIA acknowledged receipt 30th July, and we're just doing our medicals. We've been planning this move for 3/4 years and decided to hold off having a baby 'till we got there. It's been hard at times, but I hope by the end of this year we'll be trying very hard for a baby.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 4:00 am
Hussy

Originally posted by bored_bean
Oops am I stuck in a girly chat I'm 31, my wife is 27 (and broody) DIMIA acknowledged receipt 30th July, and we're just doing our medicals. We've been planning this move for 3/4 years and decided to hold off having a baby 'till we got there. It's been hard at times, but I hope by the end of this year we'll be trying very hard for a baby.
Where are you planning on settling in Oz?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.