Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need help now!!!

Need help now!!!

Old Aug 30th 2006, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Need help now!!!

Help Help Help!!!!!

On a 138 non modl acknoledged beginning of February got the phone call our visas are being accepted but need to go before 18th November!!!! :scared: :scared:

Can it all be done in that short space of time?
The house should nt be a problem as houses go quite quick in our area. But what do i do first?

House goes up for sale on Monday
NOW WHAT!!! :scared:
we ve got a Boxer dog to bring his injections are due in September what do i do?
We need to share a container not much to bring mainly little boys (7) things to make it easier for him.
not going to book flights until nearer the time to see how the house goes as no funds until house sells!!

Any help would be much appreciated
Old Aug 30th 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help now!!!

Pour yourself a large drink - take a deep breath and sit down with pen and paper.

There are lots of practical things to do, but its the other stuff you forget like bank references, insurance refs, school reports? - do you have any family and friends that can help you.

Good luck - at least its "nice" stress - and the results should be fantastic after all your efforts.

K - sent
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Our situation is slightly different but may help. We (myself, Mrs HS and our 2 wee ones) moved to Melbourne last August on a 457 visa. I was offered a job on July 7th and we flew out of London on August 19th. Between the date of offer to the day we flew we had to secure visas (though our company helped with this), arrange medicals, arrange for shipping, pack the house and put the house on the rental market - and that itself took a huge effort to get the house up to a suitable standard. We also had to sell 2 cars, sell furniture, household items etc, move some stuff to our inlaws, say good bye to friends and family in Scotland and England, close down bank accounts, pay bills, look for houses in Melbourne etc etc etc.

I've no real specific advice other than to say it was a pretty horrendous period and I think we were flat out for the entire 6 week period and it was crazy but we managed it. We had the help of friends and family - that proved invaluable. And everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong - search my name to see an earlier post !

We sat down on July 7th and planned as much as we possibly could. It helped that we had relocation assistance but there was still heaps to do. Ideally I would have liked more time to prepare but as tough as it was it was well worth it and it's all behind us now.

We also didn't sell the house which made life an awful lot easier and may be the deciding factor for you.

Good luck with the move, hope you make it ok.

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Help Help Help!!!!!

On a 138 non modl acknoledged beginning of February got the phone call our visas are being accepted but need to go before 18th November!!!! :scared: :scared:

The house should nt be a problem as houses go quite quick in our area. But what do i do first?

House goes up for sale on Monday
NOW WHAT!!! :scared:
we ve got a Boxer dog to bring his injections are due in September what do i do?
We need to share a container not much to bring mainly little boys (7) things to make it easier for him.
not going to book flights until nearer the time to see how the house goes as no funds until house sells!!

Any help would be much appreciated
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Help Help Help!!!!!

Why so little time? Did you do medicals/police checks early or something?
Have you thought about validating your visas with a holiday in Australia before the first entry date?

Regarding selling the house. If you read these forums you'll see it's a regular occurrence for house sales to fall through in England and Wales. Don't rely on the fact you have an offer until contracts are exchanged and the deal becomes binding. And don't plan to complete on a house sale just before you leave, that's asking for trouble.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, although I know nothing about dogs, when you go to the vet make sure he/she fully understands about your boxer not having this Lepto thing and make them check several times.

I'd say relax and it will all happen but easier said than done. Can you just validate and so give yourselves more time. I know it costs but if it takes the pressure off, and if there are any problems with the house, it's one way out.

Good luck.