Reload this Page >

need help on best areas to choose in gold coast

need help on best areas to choose in gold coast

Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

middler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need help on best areas to choose in gold coast

Originally Posted by wewantoz
Not to expensive but still great areas for a family and work for me as a tradie.Have visited before but not seen to many places just a brief spell in sunshine coast and surfers .We thought about sunshine coast but are swaying for gold coast as children want to be kept busy..... any advise appreciated on areas recomended for renting/buying, 4 bed decent size with great schools heard kawana is nice ,pacific pines anyone got anyother places to throw at me, many thnks
HELLO!!!!Me and my family will be moving back to London for 12 month and we are going to rent out our luxury property near Gold Coast (7km from Coolangatta, but still NSW, advantage is that there are less water restriction than in QLD), very nice place, I have a website that you can view. The property has B&B approval so you can even get an income from it, 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, 4 spas, cinema, swimmingpool, outdoor spa, sauna, all this for $1200 per week, plus bills, but remember that you can get an income too. Please contact me if you are interested, I am currently in London now, but will be back in Australia on the 13th of October on purpose to rent out the property.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:22 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doub
my advise, buy at Palm Beach or or even Miami and enjoy watching your area get developed behond recognition and your investment gain value daily ....
That's good investment advice, the trouble is the 2 local schools (PBH & Miami High) are not the most desirable.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:35 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Not to expensive but still great areas for a family and work for me as a tradie.Have visited before but not seen to many places just a brief spell in sunshine coast and surfers .We thought about sunshine coast but are swaying for gold coast as children want to be kept busy..... any advise appreciated on areas recomended for renting/buying, 4 bed decent size with great schools heard kawana is nice ,pacific pines anyone got anyother places to throw at me, many thnks
We lived in Bournemouth before moving to Carrara, Gold Coast 2 years ago.
This is my opinion only - a lot of recommendations are made on BE about suburbs but you really have to do the legwork yourselves as we each have different requirements. My personal choices would be for Worongary, Benowa, Clear Island Waters or Carrara.
More rentals are available in other areas such as Robina/Varsity/Pac Pines but the houses really are crammed together.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:10 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Live in kingscliff......coastal village just on the border of qld/NSW... but travel up and down the goldccoast daily , know must areas from coolangatter to upper coomera , santuary cove , labrador etc...

One bit of advice i would give you and that is don't buy or rent anything near water.
Some of the most exclusive property i'ved worked on near water , its impossible to go outside after 3 in the afternoon.....literally get bitten alive....:curse:.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
That's good investment advice, the trouble is the 2 local schools (PBH & Miami High) are not the most desirable.
Nonsense. If nothing else Miami High is not close to Palm Beach at all. If you're at all sporty then PBC is possibly one of the best school on the coast for you. The problems with Miami are mainly old historical ones which don't mean a lot these days.

I personally wouldn't consider an investment property in Palm Beach until the council have pulled their fingers out and sorted the flooding issues, but if they do it in the next few years as they say they may then it would be a good investment.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 6th 2007 at 1:24 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by middler
HELLO!!!!Me and my family will be moving back to London for 12 month and we are going to rent out our luxury property near Gold Coast (7km from Coolangatta, but still NSW, advantage is that there are less water restriction than in QLD), very nice place, I have a website that you can view. The property has B&B approval so you can even get an income from it, 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, 4 spas, cinema, swimmingpool, outdoor spa, sauna, all this for $1200 per week, plus bills, but remember that you can get an income too. Please contact me if you are interested, I am currently in London now, but will be back in Australia on the 13th of October on purpose to rent out the property.
i couldnt afford that , we are looking at prob $350 tops a week sounds lovley though
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

Thanks guys for all you advise so far i will take a look into all the places you suggest and take your points about certain areas.
thankyou
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:20 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for all you advise so far i will take a look into all the places you suggest and take your points about certain areas.
thankyou
you can see whats currently available here

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=bhp&t=ren&cu=

just type in the suburb and sit back
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all

I take offense to that comment regarding Miami High.

We moved to the GC 5 months ago and live right near Merrimac High but chose Miami High as they have a great Principal. My daughter is very settled there and we have nothing but praise for Miami High so far. Our daughter was behind with Maths as we came from another State and they very quickly arranged for her to have extra tuition to bring her up to speed.

So far Miami High has proven to be a great school!

I have been told this was not the case some years ago but now this school get a thumbs up from us.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex Tassiemum
I take offense to that comment regarding Miami High.

We moved to the GC 5 months ago and live right near Merrimac High but chose Miami High as they have a great Principal. My daughter is very settled there and we have nothing but praise for Miami High so far. Our daughter was behind with Maths as we came from another State and they very quickly arranged for her to have extra tuition to bring her up to speed.

So far Miami High has proven to be a great school!

I have been told this was not the case some years ago but now this school get a thumbs up from us.
nuts, crisps, popcorn get your popcorn

please be seated before the fight starts

come on guys get a grip
(a) dont slag anywhere off just refuse to comment
(b) stop being so sensitive, its not like they have just pissed in your cornflakes

Last edited by steve`o; Oct 6th 2007 at 8:20 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi checked out varsity lakes ,Helensville ,Tugan I think thats what it was called ,They all look nice but they are too high for rent and buying so will keep checking the others out, looking for 4 bed am going in march so need to get my planning done where to check out.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

carrara looks to be expensive on the property site, as sanctuary cove...&..Benowa clear island waters look wonderful, but a town house is $399,000 .and a majority are over $900,000 up to $3 mill .......mmm !

Pacific Pines looks more reasonably priced where are all these in relation to each other........admittedly they all look lovley but won't have much money to bring ,don't really fancy moving over to end up in something the same as I have here ,looking for a better life not expecting the world but this town is expensive not wanting to move somewhere I struggle again.Labrador and south port mmm not keen.I May rent for a while then consider buying, but not wanting to rent and get the kids settled in an area to then when considering buying having to up and move due to buying being out of the question as its too expensive, sorry guys it's all giving me a headache, i thought the process of trying to get the visa was a pain, but this is worse.!!

Last edited by wewantoz; Oct 6th 2007 at 8:55 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

We lived in Bournemouth before moving to Carrara, Gold Coast 2 years ago.
This is my opinion only - a lot of recommendations are made on BE about suburbs but you really have to do the legwork yourselves as we each have different requirements. My personal choices would be for Worongary, Benowa, Clear Island Waters or Carrara.
More rentals are available in other areas such as Robina/Varsity/Pac Pines but the houses really are crammed together.
Hi thanks for you advise its good to hear from someone from Bournemouth, its a lovley town and getting your opinion is great as alot of people on here from near Bournemouth have come back as they havent found any where as nice as home, how do you compare life over in carrara to Bournmouth please give me some feed back Thanks.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:59 pm
Worongary

Hi checked out varsity lakes ,Helensville ,Tugan I think thats what it was called ,They all look nice but they are too high for rent and buying so will keep checking the others out, looking for 4 bed am going in march so need to get my planning done where to check out.
have a look at mudgeeraba, bonogin and worongary much bigger bloocks and a stones throw from robina
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, mudgeeraba looks more reasonable to buy, but looks like renting is high on all these areas I guess they try and charge alot as there must be lots of people on their hols going to the gold coast.

If All fails there I will look more semi rural up the coast