Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need help on best areas to choose in gold coast

need help on best areas to choose in gold coast

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all
Default need help on best areas to choose in gold coast

Not to expensive but still great areas for a family and work for me as a tradie.Have visited before but not seen to many places just a brief spell in sunshine coast and surfers .We thought about sunshine coast but are swaying for gold coast as children want to be kept busy..... any advise appreciated on areas recomended for renting/buying, 4 bed decent size with great schools heard kawana is nice ,pacific pines anyone got anyother places to throw at me, many thnks
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:27 am
Stuart and Carolann

stu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant future
Default Re: need help on best areas to choose in gold coast

I have just purchased a block of land at Jacobs Ridge, Ormeau which is fairly close to the theme parks.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

HI We too are gold coast bound, fly out on the 4th Dec. We have 2 girls 12 and 14 and our fist thought was Pac Pines as seems to tick all boxes. However are now swaying to Robina/Varsity lakes as we have been remonded the Varsity College as the best state school in the area and not sure we can afford private but need the best for the children. We live in Poole so if you fancy meeting up and swapping hints/tips then send me a pm and we can arrange a beer somewhere. Have to say with only 8 weeks to go and still no job or anywhere to live post 22nd Dec whe our holiday let ends the stress levels are starting to show. Good luck and keep in touch with any other GC suggestions - there are loads of threads on here if you do a search for them, only problem is one mans paradise is another mans hell!!

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

my advise, buy at Palm Beach or or even Miami and enjoy watching your area get developed behond recognition and your investment gain value daily ....
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:06 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doub
my advise, buy at Palm Beach or or even Miami and enjoy watching your area get developed behond recognition and your investment gain value daily ....
tugen would also be a good buy

if anyone wants to know about varsity lakes pm me ( we lived there for 8 months and our daughter attends varsity lakes college )
http://varsitycollege.eq.edu.au/wcmss/

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Oct 3rd 2007 at 5:08 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

theshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve`o
tugen would also be a good buy

if anyone wants to know about varsity lakes pm me ( we lived there for 8 months and our daughter attends varsity lakes college )
http://varsitycollege.eq.edu.au/wcmss/

regards steve
I'd love to know about the area, and I thought Varsity College was a private school, is it a state high school??? Sounds great as we are moving with two kids who are in High School.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnpod
HI We too are gold coast bound, fly out on the 4th Dec. We have 2 girls 12 and 14 and our fist thought was Pac Pines as seems to tick all boxes. However are now swaying to Robina/Varsity lakes as we have been remonded the Varsity College as the best state school in the area and not sure we can afford private but need the best for the children. We live in Poole so if you fancy meeting up and swapping hints/tips then send me a pm and we can arrange a beer somewhere. Have to say with only 8 weeks to go and still no job or anywhere to live post 22nd Dec whe our holiday let ends the stress levels are starting to show. Good luck and keep in touch with any other GC suggestions - there are loads of threads on here if you do a search for them, only problem is one mans paradise is another mans hell!!

Have sent you a pm
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:37 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theshinenz
I'd love to know about the area, and I thought Varsity College was a private school, is it a state high school??? Sounds great as we are moving with two kids who are in High School.
no its a state school
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by doub
Agree with what your saying about Palm beach it's where i'd be looking to invest in a rental.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

I would say...

Rental:

Pacific Pines
Oxenford
Coomera
Hellensvale
Ashmore
Arundel
Robina
Highland Park
and on and on....

Buy:

It really depends on your budget as it can vary quite a bit between area.

Cheers,
Mark.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

gosh thanks for all your kind information will have a good read through now and get back to you
Old Oct 5th 2007, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnpod

Gosh your out there before us...we are going in march to validate the visa but will stay here another 2 years at least as of mortgage.

Robina sounds nice as so do many of these places, you are not wrong someone may love one place to another they may hate it, its tough making a decision based on other peoples opinions,nothing beats seeing it for yourself, but an all rounded view from people can sway your judgement it helps!!.

Would love to meet for a beer sounds good to me.When you up for it ?

will pm you
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

qwertyuiop will become famous soon enoughqwertyuiop will become famous soon enough

Robina/Varsity way too expensive and over priced.....get much more than the postage stamp block there for the same money towards the hinterland. If you can, send the kids to the much smaller private or semi-private schools..max $6k a year. Good luck
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Robina/Varsity way too expensive and over priced.....get much more than the postage stamp block there for the same money towards the hinterland. If you can, send the kids to the much smaller private or semi-private schools..max $6k a year. Good luck
where do you suggest in the hinterland ?? and I have 4 children so the private school will all add up ok if I had one perhaps
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:30 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

We had ideas before we got here, the fast moving market, our budget and availability made us chage our minds.

In the end we bought in Maudsland which was an area we quite liked just after we arrived. Other good areas had nothing in our price range that we liked.

Research is good but when you get here you'll probably have to change your mind.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.