Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need Help ARTC/elec licence

Need Help ARTC/elec licence

Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need Help ARTC/elec licence

My OH is a lift mechanic that is on the MODL. He passed the TRA some time ago and has applied for his ARTC so he can gain his electrical licence that he needs to be able to work on the lifts. He sent all his info off same and more that he sent to TRA but they have said he has been unsuccessful on this occasion as he is not qualified to work on electric. He can reapply and pay $300 if he wants to but they say there findings would be the same. So whats the point in that then. He has done an apprenticeship as a lift engineer and sent in all his qualifacations. At the end of the letter it states the applicant has only ever worked as a lift mechanic which is not a trade assessed by TRA for the purposes of issuing an ARTC. So what is he suppoused to do because without a ARTC you can not get a licence and last time he looked the lifts worked by electricity not magic so he will need an electriacl licence to be able to work on the lifts. I just hope they bloody get stuck in a lift in the ARTC office and shout abra ca dabbra and see what happens then. Anyway my question is if anyone knows what he can do please help. He has been told he can go to TAFE to do a wiring reg course I think its AS3000 but does he need a ARTC to go on this and will him going on this defo mean he will then get the ARTC or could they still say no he is not having it. In perth it takes so long a well someone said there is a 10 week wait for the exam and it takes about 5/6 months to do the course. But if he needs a licence before he can work what is he suppoused to do in the meantime. He is fed up now he has rang ARTC and Engery safety but is not getting anywhere. No wonder they are short of lift mecahnics if this is what happens. Thanks for any info anyone can give us from laine.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

madtanz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Help ARTC/elec licence

I would try posting this question in the electricians forum or maybe a mod could move it there?

madtanz
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help ARTC/elec licence

Originally Posted by john_w
My OH is a lift mechanic that is on the MODL. He passed the TRA some time ago and has applied for his ARTC so he can gain his electrical licence that he needs to be able to work on the lifts. He sent all his info off same and more that he sent to TRA but they have said he has been unsuccessful on this occasion as he is not qualified to work on electric. He can reapply and pay $300 if he wants to but they say there findings would be the same. So whats the point in that then. He has done an apprenticeship as a lift engineer and sent in all his qualifacations. At the end of the letter it states the applicant has only ever worked as a lift mechanic which is not a trade assessed by TRA for the purposes of issuing an ARTC. So what is he suppoused to do because without a ARTC you can not get a licence and last time he looked the lifts worked by electricity not magic so he will need an electriacl licence to be able to work on the lifts. I just hope they bloody get stuck in a lift in the ARTC office and shout abra ca dabbra and see what happens then. Anyway my question is if anyone knows what he can do please help. He has been told he can go to TAFE to do a wiring reg course I think its AS3000 but does he need a ARTC to go on this and will him going on this defo mean he will then get the ARTC or could they still say no he is not having it. In perth it takes so long a well someone said there is a 10 week wait for the exam and it takes about 5/6 months to do the course. But if he needs a licence before he can work what is he suppoused to do in the meantime. He is fed up now he has rang ARTC and Engery safety but is not getting anywhere. No wonder they are short of lift mecahnics if this is what happens. Thanks for any info anyone can give us from laine.
Could a MOD move it there please dont know how to do it