need help

Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

colinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help

I we are hoping to move to Australia I am 47yrs old married with 3 kids 18,16 and 13. I am time served self employed contracting electrician, as my age is over 45 could I still get accepted to Australia as a skilled worker. If we where to sell up our property in England we would be able to bring £220,000 with us. My wife works as a personal secretary and my eldest daughter is training in web page design the other 2 kids are still in school. Could anyone tell me if I have any chance of being excepted in Australia, because I need to get out if this awful country.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:12 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help

Originally posted by colinc
I we are hoping to move to Australia I am 47yrs old married with 3 kids 18,16 and 13. I am time served self employed contracting electrician, as my age is over 45 could I still get accepted to Australia as a skilled worker. If we where to sell up our property in England we would be able to bring £220,000 with us. My wife works as a personal secretary and my eldest daughter is training in web page design the other 2 kids are still in school. Could anyone tell me if I have any chance of being excepted in Australia, because I need to get out if this awful country.
www.immi.gov.au
for a start!

Lots of advice on this forum too.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:58 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help

Colin,

The absolute upper age limit for skilled migration (for primary applicants) is 45. If you could get your wife to apply as the primary applicant - if she qualifies - you may still stand a chance. However, as your eldest kid is 18, he/she may not be classified as your dependant, and that may or may not pose a problem for you.

I would suggest you consider discussing your situation and options with a registered migration agent. A few of them frequent this forum, and the other Australian Immigration forum on BritishExpats.

Peter
Old Dec 14th 2003, 6:50 am
Just Joined

colinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need a good agent

Could anyone recommend a good agent to help with our hopeful application. This would be our last chance, so they need to be very good. PS how come its so hard to get into Aus and anyone is let in this country, this why we need to leave.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 10:15 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need a good agent

Could anyone recommend a good agent to help with our hopeful application. This would be our last chance, so they need to be very good. PS how come its so hard to get into Aus and anyone is let in this country, this why we need to leave.

Your attitude toward emigration/immigration seems every so slightly lopsided.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:11 am
Badge

in this case, I make the presumption that he is referring to the notion that ANYONE can get in to this country yet it is hard for ANYONE to get in to Australia..leaving the notion of skilled migration aside..

I may be wrong though.

Badge

Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:02 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of NZ
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

vanriet is an unknown quantity at this point

Colin, we used an agent called Grahame Igglesden at Concept Australia 020 8467 8521 - admittedly ours was a different type of visa (business) but we thought he was very good and very up to date with current and pending legislation. Their website is www.conceptaustralia.co.uk. If you give them a call and explain your situation he will tell you whether he thinks he can help or not.

good luck

annemarie