Need help!

Old Sep 21st 2002, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

jkpake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help!

Hi i am from the north west of england in cheshire and in about 2 years time when i have saved some money up, i would like to go and live in OZ.

How do i go about it? i.e what do i need? who do i contact? etc.

I have and will be getting more qualifications, at the mo i have "sport nutrition", fitness and personnal training and I.T, WOULD THIS BE TO MY ADVANTAGE?

What cities are best to start off in, if u are on your own and don't have the great amounts of money as the others? (basically the affordable places).

Is it poosible what i am asking or i am wasting my time, i hear many people from britain live there.On the other hand i hear others find it hard to get in there cos u need to have a lot of money to live there like £125,000.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!

CHEERS

BTW I would like to work in the personnal trainning side like a trainner for a sports team who gives them nutrional advice and the in outs of competition as well as training them.

Last edited by jkpake; Sep 21st 2002 at 3:55 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2002, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

jkpake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help!

bump! please will someone reply
Old Sep 21st 2002, 5:24 pm
ndaltonb

Hi jk,

Not too sure why this was a PM but I'll see what I can do. Won't be too much help I'm afraid.

How do i go about it?
- First off you will neeed a visa to go live there permanently or dependingh on your age you could take a one year working visa. Best thing is to look at www.immi.gov.au

I have and will be getting more qualifications in sport nutrition, fitness and personnal training and I.T, WOULD THIS BE TO MY ADVANTAGE?
- Check out what is called the MODL list on the immi.gov.au page. It list the occupations in demand. However after two years, this will probably change.

What cities are best to start off in, if u are on your own and don't have the great amounts of money as the others? basically the affordable ones.
- I suppose Sydney and Melbourne are the most expensive but if you are willing to rough any town is suitable. THere are backpackers everywher. You'll need to do some more work on what you are looking for here.

Is it poosible what i am asking or i am wasting my time, i hera many people from britain live there.On the other hand i hear others find it hard to get in there cos u need to have a lot of money to live there like £125,000.
- Yes, there are loads of people from Uk living there, doesn't mean it is the best for yourself though. However if it does seem to be the best place, I wouldn't say you are wasting your time. Stick at it. All the best things in life are a struggle. Regarding the £125,000. Depends if you want to live the high life or the low life. Can't really answer that one.

I would like to work in the personnal trainning side like a trainner for a sports team who gives them nutrional advice and the in outs of competition as well as training them.
Get in touch with some teams in Australia and ASK. Also VERY IMPORTANT, make sure any qualification you get in the UK is recognised by the appropriate body in Australia. ALSO check who will assess your qualifications for the visa Again, check www.immi.gov.au0 and ask them as well.

Hope this helps

Nigel db

Old Sep 21st 2002, 5:26 pm
ndaltonb

JK,

If you are going to wait two years, maybe you can wait longer than 3 hours for a response

The visa alone is taking 16-20 months

Nigel db

Originally posted by jkpake:
bump! please will someone reply