Old Jul 10th 2002, 11:11 am
Posts: n/a
Default NEED Help


I have got a PR and moving on 29th August. I need a help if someone can tell me, how can I open a bank account being here in USA now and transfer money to that account.

If someone has done so previously, please let me know.

Old Jul 10th 2002, 12:17 pm
Squeaking Member
Anon E Mouse's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Bedfordale, Perth.
Posts: 290
Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEED Help

Hi Stephen,

We opened an account thru the London office of Commonwealth Bank - there's nothing about the US here but maybe it's worth dropping them an email?

Also, HSBC seems another popular choice

Anon E Mouse is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2002, 6:38 pm
newstartnz's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 756
newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NEED Help

Stephen, I'd add to that, many banks we spoke to were very arsy indeed about opening an a/c before you arrive, before you have the visa in your passport, (all that money laundering has turned them looney), but ANZ were another bank (in addition to those previously mentioned) we thought reasonable and which facilitates a/c opening with the usual 'know your customer' checks.

All the best
newstartnz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.