Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to get back to UK in a hurry

Need to get back to UK in a hurry

Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:48 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice
Default Need to get back to UK in a hurry

Hi All,

The tenant who leased our house in the UK has destroyed the property and been arrested on drug trafficking charges.

The insurance won't cough for it (malicious damage excluded), builders quotes around 35k. I'll have to go back sharpish, assemble a team of mates and fix it myself (still reckon 10k in materials though).

Anyway - the flights. Need to be cheap cheap cheap - I'm looking at statravel.com.au, flightcentre.com.au and lastminute.com.au. Anyone got any more suggestions to check before I book?

Cheers,
Alex
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:55 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Need to get back to UK in a hurry

Originally Posted by 4lex
Hi All,

The tenant who leased our house in the UK has destroyed the property and been arrested on drug trafficking charges.

The insurance won't cough for it (malicious damage excluded), builders quotes around 35k. I'll have to go back sharpish, assemble a team of mates and fix it myself (still reckon 10k in materials though).

Anyway - the flights. Need to be cheap cheap cheap - I'm looking at statravel.com.au, flightcentre.com.au and lastminute.com.au. Anyone got any more suggestions to check before I book?

Cheers,
Alex
Hi Alex.

I can't help you with the property (some people should be just shot and forgotten i say), but i'm currently looking for cheap flights back to the UK. if i find anything special i'll give you a shout.

So far the cheapest i've seen was $979 (i think, certainly less than a grand anyway) the only problem was you had to fly from darwin!!

good luck!

Leigh
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Expedia.com they usually have the cheapest flights. Good luck in looking.
Carole
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:02 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Cheers,
Alex
where are you flying from and to?? and how long u stoppin
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had a tenant in my house who ran out of money and British Gas disconnected the gas supply for non-payment. He then proceeded to burn the furniture as he was cold. This was in a smokeless zone as well.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

I just booked our flights with:

www.bestflights.com.au

Sorry to hear about your tenancy troubles.

PL
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:20 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Thanks all. Flying SYD to anywhere in England.

Scutter, 979 sounds like a steal. Where did you find that?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Woops link not working

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 21st 2006 at 1:34 am.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:29 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Thanks all. Flying SYD to anywhere in England.

Scutter, 979 sounds like a steal. Where did you find that?
let me see if i can find it again...
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

www.bestflights.com.au just showed up 138 airfares ONE WAY from syd to Uk from 879 but thats not including taxes, did try to include link but think it was just a bit too long
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:32 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

[QUOTE=jad n rich]

<snip>

Fares do not include taxes usually around $350 / $400 for return aus to UK so these fares are ONE WAY so half that.
Link no good there mate, could you have another go? Maybe tinyurl.com would be good?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:33 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

[QUOTE=4lex]
Originally Posted by jad n rich

Link no good there mate, could you have another go? Maybe tinyurl.com would be good?
Beat me to it. Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:33 am
life begins again...

Originally Posted by scutterUK
let me see if i can find it again...

try this

http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bi...indetails=7386
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Another one you can use is www.kelkoo.co.uk as this will check all the flights and you can book the flights from their web sites. Done this a few times and it is often cheaper than booking from Aus
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:52 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

Thanks again all, for the links and the well wishes I see in my profile page (how did those get there?).

Flights I've found suitable include Gulf, Singapore, Malaysian, Cathay. I'm leaning toward Singapore at about 1750 all up, as I always remember them being excellent when I used to do the LHR-SIN leg many times per year - anyone flown them recently?

I see they still rate up at the top on airlinequality.com, but so do 2 of the other 3. I'll need reasonable comfort if I'm to get straight to work when I arrive, so I'm counting out Thai and Royal Brunei which were both really cramped last time I flew.

Also, I'm finding it tricky to find the exact times of the stopovers for these flights, they're all about the same overall, but less time in the air may tip the balance - I'm thinking HKG is probably an extra hour over SIN/KUL?

Cheers,
Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.