Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to find name of mortgage company

Need to find name of mortgage company

Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Need to find name of mortgage company

A little while back there was a thread on here about getting a mortgage on a sir visa with less than 20% deposit.
Someone suggested the name of a new company that had just started up that offered a scheme whereby you rent the house back from them for the first few years,whilst you save for your deposit. I think one of the stipulations was it had to be under 4 years old - I've looked everywhere for thsi thread - but can't find it.
Does it ring any bells with you guys?
Our friends are desperate to buy - they earn good money - but only have about a 10% deposit
Cheers
Nick
x
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to find name of mortgage company

Originally Posted by Nick11
A little while back there was a thread on here about getting a mortgage on a sir visa with less than 20% deposit.
Someone suggested the name of a new company that had just started up that offered a scheme whereby you rent the house back from them for the first few years,whilst you save for your deposit. I think one of the stipulations was it had to be under 4 years old - I've looked everywhere for thsi thread - but can't find it.
Our friends are desperate to buy - they earn good money - but only have about a 10% deposit
Cheers
Nick
x
i bet WENDY knows !
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
i bet WENDY knows !
I think you might be right!
Old Dec 12th 2007, 3:45 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
Nick
x
UK to Brissy - August 07

Hi , hope this works as I'm useless with computers

Re: rent forever!!!!!

Look at o2b Australia on the net (thats o for orange not zero 2b), they are a new company setting up in Oz. Basically its for people who can afford the monthly repayment for a home loan but are not able to get the initial deposit that would allow them to get a home loan and purchase a house. The web page is very clear and explains everything. They basically let you choose a house or they can find one for you through there contacts. The house must be 4yrs old or less. o2b then purchase the house and you move in straight away, no deposit required. You then pay a monthly amount which is considered rent and an amount that is invested into a savings fund which over a period of years 5-7 grows to be your deposit. At this point you can secure a home loan in the normal way through your choice of lender. You purchasing the house off o2b at a pre-arrange price and off you go. You are able to break out of the arrangement and take the savings with you (not sure if its 100% but it maybe).

I went for an interview for this company and they have been advertising on the TV, you'll recognise it when you see it. Not sure if they are operational yet as they are interviewing to staff the offices. The roll out is going to be throughout Oz, the office I was interviewed for has been delayed, so its on the books but maybe not quite yet.

Look into it, it maybe a way out of the renting scenario.

Good luck
Old Dec 12th 2007, 3:50 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Shocked that worked, can't be as bad as I thought

Hope it helps your friend, fingers crossed. Angie
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
i bet WENDY knows !
I think you might be right!

I don't actually sorry
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:06 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...06#post4409506

Cheers
Nick
x
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough

Cheers
Nick
x
buyer beware

http://www.jenman.com.au/news_alert.php?id=88
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi,

Homeloans Ltd. might be able to assist. They offer 100% loans so I would imagine a 90% ltv wouldn't be a problem

Regards,
Caroline

Last edited by Caroline G; Dec 12th 2007 at 5:18 am.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Caroline G
Hi,

Homeloans Ltd. might be able to assist. They offer 100% loans so I would imagine a 90% ltv wouldn't be a problem

Regards,
Caroline
Thanx everyone for the info - will let my mates know - if they've not already read this thread
Nick
xxx