Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In need of female friends in melbourne

In need of female friends in melbourne

Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:15 am
Just Joined

lucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant future
Default In need of female friends in melbourne

My wife is desperately seeking like minded friends (age group 28 to 40) as she really misses her friends from Uk.

She missess the fact that back home, whenever she wanted - she could ring up some friends who would go out for movies/meal etc without insisting on making it a family event - she wants to get a break from me and the kids.

She has made a few aussie friends but they are very family oriented. I know that she feels trapped - ie looking after kids, cooking etc without a break- she just need to get a circle of people who could be fun to go out with. Does anyone know if there is a melbourne meet where we can go to find people with the UK sense of fun and humour.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:25 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In need of female friends in melbourne

Originally Posted by lucky
My wife is desperately seeking like minded friends (age group 28 to 40) as she really misses her friends from Uk.

She missess the fact that back home, whenever she wanted - she could ring up some friends who would go out for movies/meal etc without insisting on making it a family event - she wants to get a break from me and the kids.

She has made a few aussie friends but they are very family oriented. I know that she feels trapped - ie looking after kids, cooking etc without a break- she just need to get a circle of people who could be fun to go out with. Does anyone know if there is a melbourne meet where we can go to find people with the UK sense of fun and humour.

Theres the possibility of a meet around Berwick area in January.
Not sure if thats close to you.

You will find more details on Britvics ste.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:26 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband says that I am very funny - particularly when he goes online and checks my bank account

Where are you in Melbourne? I go out on a fairly regular basis with some English girls. We vary in age between 40 and 30. The only problem is that we have been known on occasions to partake a little too much with the alcohol and end up feeling very average in the morning!!!!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:30 am
Just Joined

lucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vanessa
My husband says that I am very funny - particularly when he goes online and checks my bank account

Where are you in Melbourne? I go out on a fairly regular basis with some English girls. We vary in age between 40 and 30. The only problem is that we have been known on occasions to partake a little too much with the alcohol and end up feeling very average in the morning!!!!

We are in Balwyn (now referred to as Boring) - but happy to go to city etc - wife loves lygon street etc
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:39 am

We are in Balwyn (now referred to as Boring) - but happy to go to city etc - wife loves lygon street etc

I don't know where that is. I am in Metone. If your wife wants to meet in the City then get her to PM me and perhaps we could meet for a glass or two.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

If you are up our way exploring then feel free to call by and I would be happy to escape from hubby and kids for a night out . I am afraid that we are 3 hours out of Melbourne so not a regular night out thing but you are more than welcome if you are in this area. There are some seriously nice vineyards with restaurants as well as the cinema and the local bars etc.
Nicky
Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:53 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Elsternwick, nr Elwood and St. Kilda and CBD.....if you fancy a drink, or shopping or whatever, send me a PM.

No kids btw

Cas

ps..this is nt aimed at OP, but rather his wife
Old Dec 6th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be in Melbourne from the beginning of March, and I'll be desperately seeking friends aswell! Maybe we should start arranging a meet for next year?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be somewhere in Melbourne from mid-Feb. So will look out for the next meet after that.
Rachel
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

I am about 20 mins from Balwyn.

Would love to go out! Give us a pm.

I understand what your wife means though. Anything social after 6pm seems a big no no here! Unless you are single I think that you are meant to be tied to the kitchen sink
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I don't know where that is. I am in Metone. If your wife wants to meet in the City then get her to PM me and perhaps we could meet for a glass or two.
We have been here for just over 5 months now and my wife is in the same situation. Desperate to escape me and our daughter for a night or two on the tiles and some girlie chat.

We live in Edithvale so not so far from Mentone. I'll ask her to PM you.

P.S. I see you are into your football My wife also enjoys the football.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:07 pm
Banned

blairdoesntcare is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask her to contact Alice - my wife - we moved to Oz in August and are suffering the same issues!! we have 4 young children and live in Warrandyte.

email is [email protected]

Thanks

Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

AS there seems to be so many females in need of some female company- men to be left behind at home preparing dinner/cleaning the house - perhaps we need an alternative 'girlie' meet one evening?
Who is up for organising?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Pomster
AS there seems to be so many females in need of some female company- men to be left behind at home preparing dinner/cleaning the house - perhaps we need an alternative 'girlie' meet one evening?
Who is up for organising?
I was thinking that too. I don't mind doing it. Should we start a new thread about a girls night out or carry on with this one?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want to start a new thread and see how many are interested?
Sounds like a great idea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.