Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need ''experiences'' stopover ideas with 2 kids

Need ''experiences'' stopover ideas with 2 kids

Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need ''experiences'' stopover ideas with 2 kids

Looking for ideas for a stopover with 2 children who one will be nearly 6 and a 3 1/2yr old with mobility issues (will need to be in a pram). They travel very well - I have dragging them all over Europe for the last 2 yrs. Was thinking of taking a cruise to Oz, but we miss the season as we are now leaving in March. Then thought of the Railtravel through the Canadian Rockies but season does not start until April. Unwilling to do Africa with my children (medical reasons). Can easily travel to Asia from Australia so prefer to do something that is hard to do from OZ (i.e. costs alot more from OZ than this side of the world). They have been to Disneyland Paris multiple times so that rules out Florida. What else is out there

Any ideas?????

(My husbands work pays for the airfares (lucky us!!) so I really want to have our final fling We just have to come up with accommodation etc)

Cheers
Felicity
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:36 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need ''experiences'' stopover ideas with 2 kids

Please don't imagine that Disney World Florida is Anything like Disney land Paris....It just isn't... we went to Paris once and then we went to Florida. We won't be going back to Paris!!
It's bigger, better, more parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM studios), water parks(typhoon lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Wet and Wild), activities( princess makeovers are fab...), the disney hotels are fantastic, and the best thing is the price.... It's all half of what you'd pay in Paris...
Then of course you've got Universal Studios, Seaworld and Discovery Cove to visit too, not to mention the other things Florida has to offer a young family.... We've been as a family about 6 times, all of our holidays have been different and as our children have grown, what we do has changed along with it!
Please don't miss the opportunity to have a stopover that will remain precious in the memories of all of your family.
I still love going to magic kingdom and watching the parades.... I never tire of it and I know that I'm not alone
Old Nov 7th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

moores will become famous soon enoughmoores will become famous soon enough

Micky mouse is not french!!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:42 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Need ''experiences'' stopover ideas with 2 kids

We travelled with 2 2-year olds via Miami, Mexico (Puerto Morelos), Los Angeles and Hawai'i. They had a fantastic time, even started speaking spanish in Mexico. Would love to do it all over again.

Buzzy
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Go via the states, Hawai and New Zealand. Loads to do along the way thern.

Mick
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:56 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree that if you have not "done" Florida it would be worth it. Quite simply the most family friendly holiday with too much to do.

Disneyland Paris is frankly, embarrassingly pathetic by comparison and the entire place would fit into the Disneyworld carpark many times over. Not to mention all the other Orlando attractions such as Universal Studios, Sea World and everything else.

Now we live in Australia we wont ever go there again realistically we asia on our doorstep so it might be worth a real fling for both kinds and adults alike.