Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to buy a computer when we get there ?

Wikiposts

Need to buy a computer when we get there ?

Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:00 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Warren - keep us posted if thats ok - Will be needing to buy a new PC when we get to Perth in January, so will be good to see how you get on.

Thanks.

Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:18 am
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Thanks for all the advice so far and the PM's I have stored all the info away ready for the trip in less than 4 weeks.....ahhhhh !!

Best wishes
Warren
Perth 2004....twice !!!
:scared:

Warren you may have seen this yesterday but it may be of use to when yo uget back and have to keep in touch with Jill. www.telediscount.co.uk. Calls 1p per minute to Aus.

Where in Perth are you headed?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:13 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by marie66
Warren you may have seen this yesterday but it may be of use to when yo uget back and have to keep in touch with Jill. www.telediscount.co.uk. Calls 1p per minute to Aus.

Where in Perth are you headed?

Thanks for this.

We will be living in Ballajura initially and until I get over there sometime between October and Christmas Jill and Imogen will stay at my Aunts house - she is letting us have it at a peppercorn rent.

When I have sold the house we will see about either building or buying - at the moment we are trying to weigh up the pro's and con's. We always said we would build in Oz but we are less sure now but to be fair we never really at the "second-hand" market !

Thanks again
Best wishes
Warren
Perth 2004.......Twice !! :scared: :scared:

Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:35 am
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Thanks for this.

We will be living in Ballajura initially and until I get over there sometime between October and Christmas Jill and Imogen will stay at my Aunts house - she is letting us have it at a peppercorn rent.

When I have sold the house we will see about either building or buying - at the moment we are trying to weigh up the pro's and con's. We always said we would build in Oz but we are less sure now but to be fair we never really at the "second-hand" market !

Thanks again
Best wishes
Warren
Perth 2004.......Twice !! :scared: :scared:
Warren

Is that north of the river? We are going south. Like you cousin is letting us have house - he says he doesn't want rent but I feel we must give him something.

Similar to yourself all we need now is to sell the house. OUr buyers have lost their buyer so chain has collapsed.
Keeping our fingers crossed that they get a new buyer as they have viwings lined up.

We must try to meet up once you are out there. Families will help us settle but it will be nice to make new friends, especially with the common bond of living in the same area here.

Enjoy your trip- and good luck with selling the house. Let everyone know how it's going.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:46 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by marie66
Warren

Is that north of the river? We are going south. Like you cousin is letting us have house - he says he doesn't want rent but I feel we must give him something.

Similar to yourself all we need now is to sell the house. OUr buyers have lost their buyer so chain has collapsed.
Keeping our fingers crossed that they get a new buyer as they have viwings lined up.

We must try to meet up once you are out there. Families will help us settle but it will be nice to make new friends, especially with the common bond of living in the same area here.

Enjoy your trip- and good luck with selling the house. Let everyone know how it's going.
Hi Marie,
Yep thats North of the river near Morley, Landsdale etc.
We haven't seen the house properly, only on video but it looks nice and the rellies have emailed to say that they are all busy decorating it, gardening and getting it ready for when we arrive in a few weeks.

We'll have to meet when you get over, although its likely that you'll be there before I go back for my second proper migration.

Good luck with the hosue sale.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004...Twice !! :scared: :scared:

Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:32 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

This is Sirens better half, and a born and bred aussie. Best place to get a cheap NEW computer is at MCG technology on Wanneroo Rd, Nollamarra
http://www.mcgtech.com.au/shopframe.asp

$400 for the box with all the basics. Monitor keyboard etc a few hundred at the most.

Broadband/adsl go with Westnet they are the cheapest and there are no nasty extra usages if you go over gig limits and the service you get from them is awesome.

http://www.westnet.com.au/

Thats my two cents worth, bye for now.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:56 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Siren
This is Sirens better half, and a born and bred aussie. Best place to get a cheap NEW computer is at MCG technology on Wanneroo Rd, Nollamarra
http://www.mcgtech.com.au/shopframe.asp

$400 for the box with all the basics. Monitor keyboard etc a few hundred at the most.

Broadband/adsl go with Westnet they are the cheapest and there are no nasty extra usages if you go over gig limits and the service you get from them is awesome.

http://www.westnet.com.au/

Thats my two cents worth, bye for now.

thanks for this Mr. Siren !! I have sent them an email for a quote.

Much appreciated

Warren
Perth 2004.....twice !!:scared: