Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need answers please

need answers please

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

jennylouise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need answers please

calling all truckers is there enyone out there who has emmigrated on just there skills eg,hgv, really stuck cant find any answers can enyone please help
maybe point me in the right direction,be very much appreciated aswell also im trainning as a hairdresser do you still need min 6th years experience has enyone emmigrated on less years experience
hope to hear from some one soon
i just dont know where to look
hi to everyone on british expat im still pretty new on hear,
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: need answers please

Hi,

Start by looking at www.immi.gov.au

Then do a search on 'HGV' on this site, there ahs been many HGV drivers wanting to relocate.

Hope it helps...

Nig
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jennylouise
calling all truckers is there enyone out there who has emmigrated on just there skills eg,hgv, really stuck cant find any answers can enyone please help
maybe point me in the right direction,be very much appreciated aswell also im trainning as a hairdresser do you still need min 6th years experience has enyone emmigrated on less years experience
Yes my OH has gone through the whole thing based on his skills Diesel Fitter with 7 years experience all on the job training no formal qualifications in this area. So far so good, passed skills assesment got through the proving our relationship (not married) just done our meds now waiting for visa's to come through.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know some truckers have got out to Aus, but only due to being sponsored by employers as is not on the skills list!
Hairdresser is either 6 or 7 years from memory!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi,

Start by looking at www.immi.gov.au

Then do a search on 'HGV' on this site, there ahs been many HGV drivers wanting to relocate.

Hope it helps...

Nig
hi cheers for that i give it a look when are you heading off
jen
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Yes my OH has gone through the whole thing based on his skills Diesel Fitter with 7 years experience all on the job training no formal qualifications in this area. So far so good, passed skills assesment got through the proving our relationship (not married) just done our meds now waiting for visa's to come through.
hi yer diesel fitters are high on the demand list where are you heading,we are going on holiday in august to oz visit my brother
good luck with it all
jen
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Australia_bound?;4598032]As far as I know some truckers have got out to Aus, but only due to being sponsored by employers as is not on the skills list!
Hairdresser is either 6 or 7 years from memory![/QUOTE
i wonder if it less if you have a family sponser out there
cheers jen
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

hi yer diesel fitters are high on the demand list where are you heading,we are going on holiday in august to oz visit my brother
good luck with it all
jen
yeah we found out when we visited Tasmania last year OH handed his CV to various companies and they all offered him a job!!! We are off to Tas hopefully by August we are waiting for our visa's to come through had Meds on 20th March.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:22 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

A shaved head and long goatee beard are compulsory for truckies in WA.