Reload this Page >

Need advice - new life in West Sydney area

Need advice - new life in West Sydney area

Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

vitoriano700 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice - new life in West Sydney area

Hi,

I really really need some advice since my family and I are going to move to West Sydney -my new work location will be in the city of Penrith. I have just been there once, so I would love to know any advice on places to live and schools for the education of my children.

Penrith did not look very appealing to me, there should be much better places for a family. Ideally, we would love to be close to the coast, but it seems too far from work. I heard that blue mountains is beautiful, but expensive too. Anyway, I would much appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance for your comment,
Brian
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need advice - new life in West Sydney area

To live on the coast and work in Penrith would be a seriously long commute (probably well over an hour each way). I'd agree with you that the Blue Mountains is a much better location than Penrith and should be easily commutable. If it was me then I would look to live somewhere in the lower part of the mountains.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to move to the Blue Mountains. Ideal if you are working in Penrith.

I recommend Wentworth Falls and Leura.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

shussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really nice

I don’t want to be alarmist by sending this link, but when you asked about West Sydney it reminded me of an article I read in the SMH last weekend. This may be further East than you’re thinking...
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/carjacking...215-1av7i.html
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:32 am
ABCDiamond

Blue Mountains is reasonably popular, with over 75,000 residents, many of which even work in Sydney City.

Driving time between Leura and Penrith is about 1 hr, from memory, but other parts of the Blue Mountains are much closer.

Train Times:
Katoomba Station To: Penrith 1hr 15mins
Katoomba Station To: Central Station (Sydney) 2hrs 5mins

but for the closer towns, you can use this train timetable as a guide:
7:21am Katoomba
7:25am Leura
7:31am Wentworth Falls
7:37am Bullaburra
7:39am Lawson
7:43am Hazelbrook
7:47am Woodford
7:51am Linden