Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nedland Perth and Loreto Primary School

Nedland Perth and Loreto Primary School

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

jamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the rough
Default Nedland Perth and Loreto Primary School

Hi

I have spotted a house rental beside Loreto Primary School in Nedlands, Perth

Does anyone have any feedback on this area and school? Seems handy for shops, train etc as wife doesnt drive and I will be workin gin CBD

Also can anyone explain if its OK to put non-religious practicing children to Catholic schools

Many thanks for any help

Best Regards

James
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nedland Perth and Loreto Primary School

Originally Posted by jamesegrant
Hi

Does anyone have any feedback on this area and school? Seems handy for shops, train etc as wife doesnt drive and I will be workin gin CBD

Also can anyone explain if its OK to put non-religious practicing children to Catholic schools

Many thanks for any help

Best Regards

James
Well, Nedlands itself is bloody lovely. close to Subiaco, city, Kings Park and the foreshore, and of course Claremont. All very desirable. not familiar with school itself. what street is it on, I have a Perth CBD Road directory here.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Hi

Many thanks for any help

Best Regards

James
Ok, found address, Webster St, just found a link to a good map of that area, can zoom in easily for more detail. see:
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/...lands%20map%22

Personally I would be very happy living in that neighbourhood!!
what made you choose it?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

jamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rpa34
Ok, found address, Webster St, just found a link to a good map of that area, can zoom in easily for more detail. see:
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/...lands%20map%22

Personally I would be very happy living in that neighbourhood!!
what made you choose it?
Hi

Thanks for the info - what a fantastic map - I have the UBD but this points out things easier I think

Someone I know rents in Mosman Park and like me can afford the rent but not to buy!!!

Looking for older area where things can be walked to as wife doesnt drive - especially a schools and small local shops

Many Thanks

James
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Thanks for the info - what a fantastic map - I have the UBD but this points out things easier I think

Someone I know rents in Mosman Park and like me can afford the rent but not to buy!!!

Looking for older area where things can be walked to as wife doesnt drive - especially a schools and small local shops

Many Thanks

James
You're welcome!

plenty of small shops along The Broadway in Nedlands and buses along Stirling HIghway, very easy for her to get to all nearby areas. and of course to stroll along the river. I prefer Nedlands to Mosman Park, you'd also love Shenton Park area, lovely old houses and is located between Nedlands & Subiaco. Lovely!

My OK also doesnt drive, but is taking lessons as soon as we arrive. Essential for Australia I think, have your wife to check out RAC website in WA, they offer lessons, and can give you a rough idea of costs etc.

Last edited by rpa34; Sep 23rd 2006 at 5:59 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Many Thanks

James
when are you off? we fly out 19 Nov, arrive 30th after some time in KL & Langkawi. Cant wait.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 10:01 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Nedlands is lovely. I work at the Uni so spend a lot of time in Nedlands, shop at the Broadway - good butchers, health food shop, bar - KKs.. Shame they are knocking down the historic Steve's pub to build luxury apartments though.

Why would you send your kids to a catholic school if you are not catholic. Are you sure they'd let you in?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:57 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, Nedlands is lurvely. Ate at Broadway shops last night - always good for a cheap nasi goreng! We rented in the area when we first arrived, I'd love to live there again. Go for it!