Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nearmap (birds eye view of suburbs) - Australia

Nearmap (birds eye view of suburbs) - Australia

Old Jan 18th 2010, 3:54 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nearmap (birds eye view of suburbs) - Perth

I work for NearMap, running the website development, and am a britishexpats member also Nice to hear the good feedback; there are quite a few people who seem to be using us to keep track of house builds, etc. Worth pointing out that we're also covering Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide (though we're based in Perth and that has the best coverage).

PP - we know about the issue with Internet Explorer and we're working to fix it.

cheers
b
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
My computer keeps shutting internet explorer each time I try and use it, it recovers the page, I type in the address and then it shuts it again.

Install Apple Safari - it works on PCs and is far superior to IE.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
I work for NearMap, running the website development, and am a britishexpats member also Nice to hear the good feedback; there are quite a few people who seem to be using us to keep track of house builds, etc. Worth pointing out that we're also covering Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide (though we're based in Perth and that has the best coverage).

PP - we know about the issue with Internet Explorer and we're working to fix it.

cheers
b
So, guess what we did for an hour today at work? Yup, looked at my house build from when it was still trees in the middle of nowhere to seeing the dog running around on our patio. Then we looked at the build site of one of the techs, then the house one of the other techs lives in, then the interesting sites around Perth.

Are there plans to make it global Ben? Or offer a street view? Google earth is good for street views, but not updated very often.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:24 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Hi Dorothy

Got to be a bit careful what I say since we're a public company: we're currently talking to a range of state and Australian government agencies about proposals for state-wide and Australia-wide maps, and international expansion is planned for FY 2010/11.

You can get some of what you'd look for in Street View using our MultiView: for example:
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.82484...k&nmd=20091231 is Hillarys, probably somewhere right around the Beach Shack, http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.82484...n&nmd=20091231 is the view looking north towards the same spot, and http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.82484...s&nmd=20091231 is the view looking south. It's different to Street View in that you can pan and zoom around. But we capture it all from aircraft, and we can do it quickly and cheaply, which is why our images are up to date

Cheers
b
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
Hi Dorothy

Got to be a bit careful what I say since we're a public company: we're currently talking to a range of state and Australian government agencies about proposals for state-wide and Australia-wide maps, and international expansion is planned for FY 2010/11.

You can get some of what you'd look for in Street View using our MultiView: for example:
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.82484...k&nmd=20091231 is Hillarys, probably somewhere right around the Beach Shack, http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.82484...n&nmd=20091231 is the view looking north towards the same spot, and http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.82484...s&nmd=20091231 is the view looking south. It's different to Street View in that you can pan and zoom around. But we capture it all from aircraft, and we can do it quickly and cheaply, which is why our images are up to date

Cheers
b
Fantastic, Ben. I'm going to send the link to my sister so she can show my mum our house. Even if it's just the roof.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:41 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I love nearmap. I can send the link of our place to family in the Uk to have a peek at. Its great and they have just updated Chittering again. We live on a big block so its nice to see from up above
Jenny
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:08 am
Citizen Of The World

Hmm - any moderator fancy editing the thread title so that it's not Perth specific? There's NearMap coverage of Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane (and the Gold Coast).