Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nearly there!! Just need to find $100,000 bond money!

Nearly there!! Just need to find $100,000 bond money!

Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of
Default Nearly there!! Just need to find $100,000 bond money!

Well we are all but finished just need to invest $100000 for the last 5 points, started reading about where to put it..seems a minefield out there.
Has anyone invested recently and which one did you go for and why?

farrierswife
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

dade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nice
Default Re: Nearly there!! Just need to find $100,000 bond money!

We invested our money with the WA Treasury because they were offering the highest rate at the time and were also very efficient and helpful when we contacted them. Then we just got our bank Lloyds to do a transfer but I know some people have used money transfer companies who may offer a higher rate. I suggest you email the treasuries with your initial enquiry, they will send you info including interest rates etc and then go with the one you like. They're all very helpful and fast to respond. About 2 weeks after lodging the bond the visa was granted.

Good luck
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We used WA in 2005 too because they were offering the best rate but they also turned out to be very efficient
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
We used WA in 2005 too because they were offering the best rate but they also turned out to be very efficient
Many thanks I have had some replys with huge differance in interst rates, i was quite surprised
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Many thanks I have had some replys with huge differance in interst rates, i was quite surprised
another question, where do you get the first installment paid to if you have not moved to australia? i.e still waiting to move from the uk?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:05 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

another question, where do you get the first installment paid to if you have not moved to australia? i.e still waiting to move from the uk?
You'll get a cheque sent to you in the UK if you gave them your UK address and it will be in AUD$
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Also used WA, they were very quick for me too.

Amazing how quick they want your money (within 28 days) but are dragging their feet on sending the VISA! (more like 7 weeks up to now!)
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Also used WA, they were very quick for me too.

Amazing how quick they want your money (within 28 days) but are dragging their feet on sending the VISA! (more like 7 weeks up to now!)
Is that right 7 weeks, we were told about a fortnight?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Is that right 7 weeks, we were told about a fortnight?
take a look at all the different states and check out all the interest rates they offer. Go for the highest, as they all offer the same speed and services.