Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nearly leaving! Wednesday….. to Perth!

Nearly leaving! Wednesday….. to Perth!

Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:41 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Nearly leaving! Wednesday….. to Perth!

Not nervous yet, not sad yet……
Hmmm, don’t think it has sunk in yet!!!

Had our leaving party Saturday, with 110 people!!!
Was a lot of fun, not anyone we’re really close to that we had to say goodbye to.
Was difficult to speak to everyone though, with so many people. But, as I said, the most important people we have more time with(and others we’ve visited before).
We asked for people not to get us presents(no room in suitcase!!), so most gave money(a lot!! ), but still quite a few presents which we’ll have to squeeze in… I’m gonna do a sob story at check in, saying we’re migrating, and not even getting more baggage allowance, and getting nice presents etc
And otherwise parents will have to post them, or in laws bring them in December.
We also had a guestbook, which people wrote messages and email addresses in. Very nice, some did give me tears in the eyes.(one not close friend, but nice message, and Pascal’s brother). Only thing with the guestbook: most people already gave us cards with messages, so thinking of something to write was difficult for some, I think.

Today went to say goodbye to my grandma’s, who live 2 hours away, and I’m not that close too(cos of living in Oz, and now far away too). They were sad though, a few tears.
I’m not that bummed, cos the one I’m closest too is only 72, will live a while longer, and is addicted to internet and can email! Other will live a few years more too, so I’ll see her again too.

Still got lots of things to do tomorrow (I’m great at doing stuff last minute )
Get last post at old flat, get our no claims thing for car insurance, burn files off computer onto cd, make copies of passports etc, Pascal last haircut, pack suitcase, weigh it all!

Then, Wednesday 9 am, we leave with a hired minivan (Pascal’s parents, mine, his brother and mine) to Dusseldorf Germany. Hopefully get there at about 12, then fly at 15.15.
Arrive 8 hours later in Dubai, and have 3 hour stopover (any tips for airport?).
Then 10 hours to Perth.
Already checked out the films on offer on the Emirates website, there’s lots of new (hollywood) ones, some we haven’t seen yet, am looking forward too!

Arrive at Perth International Airport at 17.25 Thursday. Friends of my parents and us are picking us up. Staying with them in Lower Chittering(north of Perth) for 1 or 2 nights. Then go to Perth, hire a car at www.bayswatercarrental.com.au for a week @ 21 dollars a day.
Then drive to Leederville, to my friend Emily’s house. Staying with her for about 2 weeks.
Monday, will start with tax file number, buying car, looking for house, drivers license.
Our stuff is already in Perth (should've arrived today), but should take about 2 weeks to get through customs……
Pascal will then also contact 2 people he’s in contact with for jobs…..
I think I’ll start looking a bit later, and just start off with something simple. Maybe my friend will know something for me…. (she’s a student, and works part time evenings in a deli)
Will be easier for me to do those long letters and selection criteria stuff, when I have my own computer again, and papers etc.

Will be at Perth meet in Hillary’s on Sunday 25th! (anymore people coming??? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=perth+meet )

Well, really excited about our adventure now! Will be sad on Wednesday, but after that going to get very busy! I love all that organising stuff! (even filling in forms )
Other thoughts on us going can be found here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=240857

Thank you to everyone on here for the fun times, and with the help for Pascal’s visum, and all the other Perth info, tips and to do lists etc.
I will, of course, be back on as soon as possible to give updates! Won’t be often in the beginning though, my friend doesn’t have internet at home…..

Best wishes etc etc etc

Simone :PARTY:

now with shorter hair:
Attached Thumbnails Nearly leaving! Wednesday….. to Perth!-simone_pascal.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:52 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck Simone, you seem pretty damned calm for someone leaving this week

Look forward to hearing how you settle in when you get to Perth.

Best wishes from Bordy. ( Who's not to close to Simone either )
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:59 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Best of luck Simone, you seem pretty damned calm for someone leaving this week

Look forward to hearing how you settle in when you get to Perth.

Best wishes from Bordy. ( Who's not to close to Simone either )
Thank you Bordy

Yeah, am very calm...
That's when I'm wondering when the panic will set in

It helps a lot that I know Perth a bit, have friends there etc.
I'm also used to moving around, I'm not close to anyone!! (except Pascal )
And, I love flying, and our stuff is already there etc. Don't have kids, not leaving a good job....
All helps!
Parents in law coming for a month (!) in December, my parents probably next year October (bit long....will see how that goes...)
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Simone
Thank you Bordy

Yeah, am very calm...
That's when I'm wondering when the panic will set in

It helps a lot that I know Perth a bit, have friends there etc.
I'm also used to moving around, I'm not close to anyone!! (except Pascal )
And, I love flying, and our stuff is already there etc. Don't have kids, not leaving a good job....
All helps!
Parents in law coming for a month (!) in December, my parents probably next year October (bit long....will see how that goes...)
Hiya Simone
Enjoy your last few nights.

You can chill out in the Starbucks at Dubai airport:0

Good luck.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by debsy
Hiya Simone
Enjoy your last few nights.

You can chill out in the Starbucks at Dubai airport:0

Good luck.
Thanks!

Ah, never been to a starbucks before!
(hmm, might have something to do with that I don't like coffee , but Pascal does, and I'm sure they'll have something else too
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:40 pm
hells02

Smile Re: Nearly leaving! Wednesday….. to Perth!

Good luck with your new life.

Helen & Phil

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

aw....have a lovely trip simone!!!
lots of luck with your new lives together!!

sue
xxx
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks!

Ah, never been to a starbucks before!
(hmm, might have something to do with that I don't like coffee , but Pascal does, and I'm sure they'll have something else too
There are loads of other places there such as Mcdonalds etc. It is a really nice airport though.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:02 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

God speed to you both

Hope jobs and all fall into place
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Simone, hope the trip goes really well, and everything goes smoothly once you get here! Look forward to your posts from Perth!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:14 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Best wishes and Bon voyage simone. Hope it all works out for you!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:16 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Simone,

All the best for a great movie filled flight and enjoy the leisure time before you go job hunting.

Hope to meet you and Pascal in Perth at the next meet!
Sunchaser
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Thank you all!

See some of you there!
And maybe I'll make it to the 'Eastern states' one day
(like for the great Nundle meetup in 2005 )

Good night (will be on tommorrow, I'm addicted.... and I'll probably find things to panic about then )
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all!

See some of you there!
And maybe I'll make it to the 'Eastern states' one day
(like for the great Nundle meetup in 2005 )

Good night (will be on tommorrow, I'm addicted.... and I'll probably find things to panic about then )

All the best Simone & Pascal. Have a great flight.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Best of luck to you both.

Being of both OZ and Holland decendancy, I am sure you both like a beer. I recommend the Irish bar for a couple of beers. It is expensive but after the flight to Dubai and a 10-hour trip to follow a couple of beers were welcome relief for us

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.