Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nearly 400 Britons die in Australia every year.

Nearly 400 Britons die in Australia every year.

Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Nearly 400 Britons die in Australia every year.

Britons who see Australia and die

You may not be bitten by a snake or snapped up by a shark while visiting Australia but the country is fatal to nearly 400 tourists a year.

A report by the government's statistics agency shows that 363 tourists died in 2002, 377 in 2000 and 371 in 1998.

It says that deaths were most common in over-55s suffering heart attacks, strokes or similar conditions, accounting for two out of five.

But the popularity of extreme sports makes visitors five times more likely than natives to die in a violent manner, nearly one in three tourist deaths resulting from external factors such as crashes or drownings.

Men are twice as likely to die as women, and visitors are most at risk between the ages of 25 and 34 and over the age of 55.

Younger visitors are liable to suicide as well, with 45 occurring in the past six years, mostly among people younger than 24, in the drab winter months of July and August.

Nearly 100 people drowned in the same period, and 283 were killed in traffic accidents and 22 by assault.

More of the fatalities came from Britain than anywhere else, but with 63,000 Britons visiting Australia every month the death rate is relatively low.
Source.

So there you have it, folks: if you go to Australia, you will almost certainly die.

My advice is not to go there at all.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:06 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly 400 Britons die in Australia every year.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

You may not be bitten by a snake or snapped up by a shark while visiting Australia but the country is fatal to nearly 400 tourists a year.

A report by the government's statistics agency shows that 363 tourists died in 2002, 377 in 2000 and 371 in 1998.

It says that deaths were most common in over-55s suffering heart attacks, strokes or similar conditions, accounting for two out of five.

But the popularity of extreme sports makes visitors five times more likely than natives to die in a violent manner, nearly one in three tourist deaths resulting from external factors such as crashes or drownings.

Men are twice as likely to die as women, and visitors are most at risk between the ages of 25 and 34 and over the age of 55.

Younger visitors are liable to suicide as well, with 45 occurring in the past six years, mostly among people younger than 24, in the drab winter months of July and August.

Nearly 100 people drowned in the same period, and 283 were killed in traffic accidents and 22 by assault.

More of the fatalities came from Britain than anywhere else, but with 63,000 Britons visiting Australia every month the death rate is relatively low.
Source.

So there you have it, folks: if you go to Australia, you will almost certainly die.

arr but if you stay in the uk you will die too
its a no win situation vash
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Source.

Such an uplifting thread!

I suppose I better cancel that visa application now as you never know when a heart attack or road accident may happen, I mean in Britain these things never occur!! lol
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

That's very worrying indeed.

I think I may just stay here in my "comfort zone"
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

'Drab, winter months of July and August'???

Oh please!

Give me an Aussie winter over a British one any day.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Source.

We are going to take our chances, so is it cheaper to die in Australia, cause its so damn expensive in UK.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:11 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
We are going to take our chances, so is it cheaper to die in Australia, cause its so damn expensive in UK.

thats right mate no inheritance tax
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:12 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
ditto
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:13 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

now tell us something good
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:18 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by stutess

ive got someone viewing the house tommorrow
thats good for me
( selfish bast arn`t i )
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Nearly 400 Britons die in Australia every year.

Originally Posted by stutess
The good news is that death in Australia brings a merciful release from everything that is so wrong with the place.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:29 pm
Worongary

The good news is that death in Australia brings a merciful release from everything that is so wrong with the place.
yes but because of the longer life expecancy you get more time to realise that in aus
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 31st 2006, 6:54 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Vash for that "postive" post.

Do you think if I change my nationality to Dutch before migrating that I might live to tell the tale ?
Old Mar 31st 2006, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Vash lol

Makes me feel a whole lot better now lol

And yes Steveo you are selfish but don't forget me beer in Aus or i'll tell the wife PMSL

lace xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.