Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nearly 3 months after medicals sent......

nearly 3 months after medicals sent......

Old Oct 20th 2004, 11:54 am
Just Joined

merck is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy nearly 3 months after medicals sent......

I'm one of the lucky ones who got medical examination request after 2 weeks of my 136 visa application. And at the time my co gave me the instruction that DIMIA would take around 2 months to process my medical results. However nearly 3 months passed by and I still haven't got any letters. So last Friday i emailed to my CO about my 136 visa status and so far still no news from my CO. Can anyone tell me what to do when you guys face a similar situation like this? do i keep waiting? or should i send another email to CO?

And sort of advice is highly appreciated.

Merck.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:20 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nearly 3 months after medicals sent......

Originally Posted by merck
I'm one of the lucky ones who got medical examination request after 2 weeks of my 136 visa application. And at the time my co gave me the instruction that DIMIA would take around 2 months to process my medical results. However nearly 3 months passed by and I still haven't got any letters. So last Friday i emailed to my CO about my 136 visa status and so far still no news from my CO. Can anyone tell me what to do when you guys face a similar situation like this? do i keep waiting? or should i send another email to CO?

And sort of advice is highly appreciated.

Merck.
I know it says dont phone or ring...but you could try phoning....
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: nearly 3 months after medicals sent......

Hi Merck

I recommend phoning them. The same thing happened to my husband and I, we waited and waited to hear something eventually after 7 or so months we called them and it turned out that they were never received. In a blind panic, we tried to organise to redo everything and then the next day the DIMIA called to say that they had "turned up". To this day, I am not sure whether Royal mail found them somewhere (once we called them and yelled at them)and forwarded them to Adelaide or whether they were at the DIMIA all along but the bottom line is that if we hadn't called them, who knows what would have happened. We didn't call for so long because we had heard that it's better not to but when we did call they were really helpful and friendly.