Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nearly 1 year - still no news :(

nearly 1 year - still no news :(

Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Default nearly 1 year - still no news :(

No news still from the DIMIA about my application, my assuror has heard nothing at all about contacting centrelink or lodging the bond
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:41 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nearly 1 year - still no news :(

oh you poor thing....have you taken to stalking the postman every morning? I know i would be!
whats the 'official' period to expect to wait? if it gets to that, then send 'em an email asking whats happening.
I know from previous posts dimia arent too keen on being hassled, but a polite email would do no harm?

good luck, and i hope the wait isnt too much longer

sue
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I thought if you contacted them they put you to the bottom of the pile again. Maybe that is just wild rumours, but mis sis heard it from a few people.

Good luck though I hope you hear soon.

Katie
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

They said 52+ weeks on the acknowledgement .... I think I will be firing off a little reminder when the 52 weeks are up!?

Got all my assurors bank details and the money is ready to go - just waiting for him to give me a bell and let me know the ball is rolling at centrelink!!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chilliman
No news still from the DIMIA about my application, my assuror has heard nothing at all about contacting centrelink or lodging the bond
we're 138 sponsored too and applied last march. had med requests in feb and 3 weeks later were told we needed another assurer for the 3rd personl (first we heard of this) centrelink meanwhile had taken the assurer for the first two, myself and husband, and turned it into a 136 application for some bizarre reason they didn't understand, let alone us. took weeks of emails to convince them they were wrong and did need us to pay the bond. meanwhile we sorted the 2nd assurer for daughter and all was paid 3 weeks ago. yesterday emailed co for second time to ask if she had all she needed, of course it was a thinly disguised plea for a result, to which she simply replied this morning that we would be contacted in 2 - 3 weeks. soooo frustrating. buyer wants to exchange and we dotoo because the horror of it falling through would be too much to bear, but what if we don't get visa. omg. had enough of this. i think its unfair to be made to wait so long. by now they should have realised the injustice and started giving the pre julyers a few sweeties. if there are quotas then pre julyers should be thought of.

ok, sorry about the rant. sure you know how it is.

i'm pretty sure you will hear something soon. you done meds etc?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

At last ..

Case officer assigned, assurer been to centrelink completed another 100 page form!!! ...waiting for the request to lodge bond now