Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nearley there!!!

Nearley there!!!

Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Nearley there!!!

Sorry to bore you all.......i got my police checks back today!! thank god all clear!! sending them off to agent monday, was really worried as i did mix with wrong uns as a young un' i can breath a sigh of relief now!! fheww... thought i'd share that with you all as i havent had good reactions from my parents. Get the feeling they wanted them to come back as a career criminal!!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:12 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nearley there!!!

Originally Posted by bu1lder
Sorry to bore you all.......i got my police checks back today!! thank god all clear!! sending them off to agent monday, was really worried as i did mix with wrong uns as a young un' i can breath a sigh of relief now!! fheww... thought i'd share that with you all as i havent had good reactions from my parents. Get the feeling they wanted them to come back as a career criminal!!
Good for you!! Gotta have a few life experiences when your young!! Parents reaction probably worry and the thought of not seeing you.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

One step nearer. My mum's reaction to our move wasn't good at all, but she admitted that she has got used to us not being there and is coming over for Xmas. I think that parent's negative reactions are just because they are going to miss you and can't imagine what life without you there is going to be like
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
One step nearer. My mum's reaction to our move wasn't good at all, but she admitted that she has got used to us not being there and is coming over for Xmas. I think that parent's negative reactions are just because they are going to miss you and can't imagine what life without you there is going to be like
I would agree with this too!

Lots of luck with the final visa steps
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

best4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mother-in-law was adament we werent going and would make our life hell for us not to go. She told everyone. Came out to oz with us, at my suggestion for a holiday - and fell out with me. Didnt speak to me for a couple of weeks - and I couldnt do enough for her, but she was adament that we were not going and hoped we werent. Threatened us in many ways, and even told us we would go 'over her dead body'. Taking this into account, we still had to think about us - I was ill a few years ago and felt I got a second chance in life. Could have died with 2 very young children - life is so short - go for for it. You make of your life what you can.

Unfortunately, in the equation my mother-in-law got stomach cancer and died, very sad for us, but didnt hate her for the way she went on, she would have missed us, but we have to think of us and our children.

My dad is still alive, he is the only one left here, but he has always said to make the most of our lives and do what we want to do. So thats good.

God its a hard decision, but as I have said before 'Life is Short, you only get one chance at it'.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:34 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

I'm surprised they came back clear I've heard about your dodgy dealings in the past
Only joking my darling! Well done xxxxx
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SalSa
I'm surprised they came back clear I've heard about your dodgy dealings in the past
Only joking my darling! Well done xxxxx
Your not the only one!! Today for the first time i have thought OMG! this is getting close. like many other posters on here, our house is'nt sold, even after 14 viewers and 45 grand off the A/P, that wont stop us going, luckily we have the option to rent out. Thanks SalSa......you know we couldnt have done it with out you XXX
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:52 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Your not the only one!! Today for the first time i have thought OMG! this is getting close. like many other posters on here, our house is'nt sold, even after 14 viewers and 45 grand off the A/P, that wont stop us going, luckily we have the option to rent out. Thanks SalSa......you know we couldnt have done it with out you XXX
Renting is the future!!! Good luck and tell us all where your heading, that way any extensions etc wil be all yours lol
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by best4ever
My Mother-in-law was adament we werent going and would make our life hell for us not to go. She told everyone. Came out to oz with us, at my suggestion for a holiday - and fell out with me. Didnt speak to me for a couple of weeks - and I couldnt do enough for her, but she was adament that we were not going and hoped we werent. Threatened us in many ways, and even told us we would go 'over her dead body'. Taking this into account, we still had to think about us - I was ill a few years ago and felt I got a second chance in life. Could have died with 2 very young children - life is so short - go for for it. You make of your life what you can.

Unfortunately, in the equation my mother-in-law got stomach cancer and died, very sad for us, but didnt hate her for the way she went on, she would have missed us, but we have to think of us and our children.

My dad is still alive, he is the only one left here, but he has always said to make the most of our lives and do what we want to do. So thats good.

God its a hard decision, but as I have said before 'Life is Short, you only get one chance at it'.
Thanks for the advise Best4ever..... i know its a much used saying but, its so true, life is very short. I have three daughters under 7, We all want the best for our kids, i feel that Skegness aint got it. But how do you answer relatives saying "yes , but do you have to go to the other side of the world?" X0
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ruby slippers
Renting is the future!!! Good luck and tell us all where your heading, that way any extensions etc wil be all yours lol
Well we did consider the east coast (Brisbane) but after much consideration, (i am lucky enough to have a brother and sister in law in Perth) i think it makes sense to be within a cars journey (or shouting distance, lol) of them. Think you will agree that makes sense.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:09 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Well we did consider the east coast (Brisbane) but after much consideration, (i am lucky enough to have a brother and sister in law in Perth) i think it makes sense to be within a cars journey (or shouting distance, lol) of them. Think you will agree that makes sense.
We're moving then