Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Navman S50 - Any good in Oz?

Navman S50 - Any good in Oz?

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:52 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default Navman S50 - Any good in Oz?

http://www.activegps.co.uk/navman-s50.htm

Hello,

I have a Navman S50 system here in the UK, works fine, but it does not have the Australian maps installed. Anybody using this system in Oz at the moment or has used this sytem in Oz? Would you mind sharing your experiences, does it work OK, pick up the satellite etc?

I ask because i know sometimes when you purchase a system in one country like the UK, install maps for another country like Oz, you can some times come up against problems?

The other thing is where would you advise on getting the Oz maps from, are they easy to install?

Cheers.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice
Default Re: Navman S50 - Any good in Oz?

We brought a Navman N20 with us from the UK and it works fine. We purchased the maps for it in the UK direct from Navman before we left as they were cheaper than buying here - dead easy to load

Just looked at the Namvan site for yours - http://ukstore.navmanstores.com/Soft...Code___265.htm and it looks like they are loaded and you just need the access code to see them
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:20 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Australian Navman mapping is by Sensis (A Telstra company, I believe). My experience is that there are quite a few mapping errors in the database. I don't know if the TomTom maps are any better.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:48 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wilpurina
We brought a Navman N20 with us from the UK and it works fine. We purchased the maps for it in the UK direct from Navman before we left as they were cheaper than buying here - dead easy to load

Just looked at the Namvan site for yours - http://ukstore.navmanstores.com/Soft...Code___265.htm and it looks like they are loaded and you just need the access code to see them

Cheers mate,

Never realiased that, you are right, it looks like the maps are pre-loaded, just need to finder a hacker or a cracker maybe, £70 quid for a code, a bit steep?

Cheers
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice

Wait a bit! We paid 90 quid for the maps in October,they're now 39:curse:
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wilpurina
Wait a bit! We paid 90 quid for the maps in October,they're now 39:curse:

Found this, any good i do not know, but it is there, in the public domain?

http://navmanunlocked.wikispaces.com/Unlock