Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

Hi,yes I have been to a naturopath before(years ago)and found them to be fine,but I only went fairly minor ailments.I knew what was wrong with me before I went but wanted something herbal to fix it which it did.I've always had alot of faith in herbal medicine,it has its place,but I would'nt dismiss using a GP if I felt the need to.Good luck Jen,I'm sure you'll feel much better once you know whats causing the pain.xx
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Then I've had a gastro bug for years and should technically be dead!
This is a part of my daily life MP, and it's getting tiresome now, thus my wanting to find out what's causing it!

I had the same and tbh it becomes your normal doesnt it, you know no other way to feel physically....so to answer you original question...

Yes I saw a naturopath who is also a qualified nutritionist with a science degree (was a bit scared of mumbo jumbo mung bean diets and advice)....so far so good....I feel completely different and don't eat wheat but gluten is also a big prob for me as well...stomach feels amazing now but it did get worse when I moved prolly stress...that really pushed me to see someone, (as did seasider on this forum) I saw a few GPS who told me I was basically imagining all my 'defects'.....LOL

Go for it, can't hurt to be honest (cept the pocket) and see how yu go, worth a try I say.....(personally I did elimination diet with her and got loads of advice about food that I clearly didn't know).....BTW if you eat sanitarium products or basically most veggie food I have ever seen in Aus, it all contains wheat!!! Bugger hey!

Hope you sort it all out ......
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by No 15
My other half suffered from IBS for many years and tried many cures. He finally found a cure - self hypnosis.

There was a wide spread trial (NHS) and this was found to be a great cure for the condition. It worked 100% for my OH and has never had a re-occurrence (approx 5 years on). He bought the CDs and listened to them in order to hypnotise himself - simple as that.

If you google you will find many references to this treatment - something that the NHS uses but doesn't seem to advertise very widely.
How would this work, the power of his mind gave him IBS? Am I reading this clearly? So then the power of his mind STOPPED it after hypnosis?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice
Smile Re: Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Then I've had a gastro bug for years and should technically be dead!
This is a part of my daily life MP, and it's getting tiresome now, thus my wanting to find out what's causing it!
Try looking up an Ayurevedic consultant in your area and go see one if you can as they tell you a lot more about your body type, what foods to eat and when, I gurantee you will find it very interesting and helpful.