Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:30 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

Just wondered if any of my fellow BE'ers have been to a Naturopath before? A mate of mine went for some 'vega' testing to find out what her food intolerances etc were and I'd be quite interested in maybe doing the same myself....
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturopath - anyone ever been to one? Your experiences please...

No but I hope its nothing like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsTwW938hxs

Though I suspect it might be.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 2:54 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni View Post
Just wondered if any of my fellow BE'ers have been to a Naturopath before? A mate of mine went for some 'vega' testing to find out what her food intolerances etc were and I'd be quite interested in maybe doing the same myself....
may as well go to a witch doctor..
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:21 am
Account Closed

No 15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been and if you get a good one they are wonderful. They actually know much more about nutrition and how the body works than a GP (IMO). Saying that I have also come across a remarkably good GP in Brisbane, not far from the centre. Are you there? If so I will give you her name. She was very involved in natural as well as other treatments. She organised a hair sample analysis for me too.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:28 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful. There are good and bad like any profession. Don't be afraid to question anything that's said and use your own common sense. They are knowledgeable people and more so than GPs for many things, but there are lot of quacks who hide under that profession's banner in Australia.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:35 am
Account Closed

I had the food testing done in the UK by this company.

http://www.yorktest.com/

Don't know if they operate in Australia. They have a very good reputation (but of course most GPs just completely disregard anything like this. I thought it was well worth and very accurate in it's diagnosis and my symptoms disappeared after a changed my diet a little lbit.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Great, thanks folks...
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

ive had the vega testing done,lost loads of weight and felt on top of the world ,but then i was cutting out anything that was enjoyable.
later i was told it was ok to introduce these items back into my diet,this i did and am back to being fat and feelin crap,lol
He is Brisbane way and very commited to what he does
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:34 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by donna View Post
ive had the vega testing done,lost loads of weight and felt on top of the world ,but then i was cutting out anything that was enjoyable.
later i was told it was ok to introduce these items back into my diet,this i did and am back to being fat and feelin crap,lol
He is Brisbane way and very commited to what he does
What sort of things did you cut out? I've a mostly veggie diet so hope I'm eating quite a lot of good things already lol
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

its not neccessarily the bad stuff.mine was toms,nuts, yogurt,alcohol and some fruits as well.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:16 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by donna View Post
its not neccessarily the bad stuff.mine was toms,nuts, yogurt,alcohol and some fruits as well.
I've a feeling mines wheat....not good...
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've a feeling mines wheat....not good...
Personally, being completely non medically minded, I don't think wheat is generally the problem, I think it's the preservatives and additives used in wheat based products.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Personally, being completely non medically minded, I don't think wheat is generally the problem, I think it's the preservatives and additives used in wheat based products.
Wheat is certainly a very large problem for a lot of the population. A lot of people are undiagnosed with Celiac disease which can cause lots of very serious health issues.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 11:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by No 15 View Post
Wheat is certainly a very large problem for a lot of the population. A lot of people are undiagnosed with Celiac disease which can cause lots of very serious health issues.
I've been in agony about three times today, severe cramps, rushing to the loo and then more severe cramps whilst there, NOT GOOD, I'm too young to be suffering like this and need to find out why!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

I've been in agony about three times today, severe cramps, rushing to the loo and then more severe cramps whilst there, NOT GOOD, I'm too young to be suffering like this and need to find out why!
Could be lots of things couldn't it. Our stomachs are very sensitive to our emotions. Wonder why you think the problem is wheat (although yes that is one possibility) (easily cured and we would all have a much healthier diet if we cut it out altogether)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.