Nationwide

Old May 14th 2009, 9:09 am
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all
Default Nationwide

We have had a Nationwide account for about 3 years now. My husband's pension is paid into this every month. He recently went back to the UK and his Nationwide card got swallowed (his own fault!). When he went to the branch to get a new one, he was told that they are no longer sending cards over to Oz or to care of address in the UK.

Does anyone know of a UK bank account we can open and have my husband's pension paid into, but not have to be resident in the UK?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 14th 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Reasonable will become famous soon enoughReasonable will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nationwide

Originally Posted by seaangel
We have had a Nationwide account for about 3 years now. My husband's pension is paid into this every month. He recently went back to the UK and his Nationwide card got swallowed (his own fault!). When he went to the branch to get a new one, he was told that they are no longer sending cards over to Oz or to care of address in the UK.

Does anyone know of a UK bank account we can open and have my husband's pension paid into, but not have to be resident in the UK?

Any help would be appreciated.
You might have to use one of the offshore bank accounts like Nationwide International which are not open to UK residents.
Old May 14th 2009, 9:53 am
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Have just phoned the Nationwide head office who said that what my husband was told in the branch is not true. Australia is one of the countries that they do send replacement cards to! It pays to get a second opinion!!
Old May 14th 2009, 10:02 am
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Just a bit of advice for anyone losing the Flex account card while living in Australia, and not being abe to withdraw their savings interest or pension etc?

Open two Flex accounts while in the UK, you will get two cards. Then both accounts can be joint accounts so two cards to two accounts equals four cards. While waiting for any replacements, well it would be hard to lose or have swallow four cards in the space of a month?

You can move money online without cards from Flex account to Flex account.

Sooty
Old May 14th 2009, 10:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seaangel
Have just phoned the Nationwide head office who said that what my husband was told in the branch is not true. Australia is one of the countries that they do send replacement cards to! It pays to get a second opinion!!
I too was told by one operator that they wouldn't sent cards overseas - so I tried again a few days later and my card arrived forthwith!