Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

national insurance number

national insurance number

Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:11 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice
Default national insurance number

Hi, Was just wanting to know how do we go about getting national insurance numbers for our forthcoming move to Oz.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:29 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: national insurance number

Originally Posted by barry f
Hi, Was just wanting to know how do we go about getting national insurance numbers for our forthcoming move to Oz.

Thanks in advance.
I am not much help on this sorry but i think you just get a tax file no. for tax purposes i got mine online.

Poshrice
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:42 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

Originally Posted by poshrice
I am not much help on this sorry but i think you just get a tax file no. for tax purposes i got mine online.

Poshrice
thanks, what is the web address for this please.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:45 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

thanks, what is the web address for this please.
http://www.ato.gov.au hope this helps

Poshrice
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:49 am
nearly there

Originally Posted by poshrice
http://www.ato.gov.au hope this helps

Poshrice
How did you manage to get this online. It says that original proof of id is needed. or has it changed since you applied.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:53 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
Try here

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...1/002&st=&cy=1
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:58 am
nearly there

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
thanks. I tried to apply but it says that you have to be in australia to be eligable to apply for one.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:01 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

thanks. I tried to apply but it says that you have to be in australia to be eligable to apply for one.

Ooops, just assumed you were

It takes no time at all once you're here. In fact about 15 minutes online and you have the number straight away, though they'll send a confirmation letter a couple of weeks afterwards
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:06 am
nearly there

Ooops, just assumed you were

It takes no time at all once you're here. In fact about 15 minutes online and you have the number straight away, though they'll send a confirmation letter a couple of weeks afterwards
Thanks for you help. one quick question. we will be in australia to activate our visa's in july. do you know if we can apply then. (without having a permanent address in australia) or will we need to wait until we move over early in the new year.

Thanks again
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:11 am
Take it easy

Thanks for you help. one quick question. we will be in australia to activate our visa's in july. do you know if we can apply then. (without having a permanent address in australia) or will we need to wait until we move over early in the new year.

Thanks again
This I'm not sure about...I think you need to have an address, but I'm not sure if it has to be permanent. They have to be able to send you mail. Personally, I would wait until you arrive fully....it really is such little hassle.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:20 am
nearly there

This I'm not sure about...I think you need to have an address, but I'm not sure if it has to be permanent. They have to be able to send you mail. Personally, I would wait until you arrive fully....it really is such little hassle.
Thanks once again. Thats what we'll do then
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:21 am
Take it easy

Thanks once again. Thats what we'll do then
No worries and good luck.....if the TFN is your biggest worry then you're going to have the easiest migrate in history