Reload this Page >

National house value to top $500,000 by mid-year

National house value to top $500,000 by mid-year

Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:15 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default National house value to top $500,000 by mid-year

Full article at...
http://www.yourmortgage.com.au/news/2090/default.aspx

"Despite the rapidly increasing interest rates, the property market remains stubbornly resilient, new data has showed.

The latest RP Data - Rismark Property Value Indices report showed that house values climbed by 13.97% during the 12 months ending January 2008 - a sharp contrast with the share market performance which saw the S&P ASX 200 Index falling by 2.13%."

"The resilience of the Australian residential property market in spite of the seven interest rate hikes since March 2005 has been remarkable," said Christopher Joye, CEO, Rismark International. "Ironically, the RBA's contradictory monetary policy stance has only served to exacerbate the housing supply constraints that are underpinning the price growth."
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:18 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National house value to top $500,000 by mid-year

Originally Posted by @boy
Full article at...
http://www.yourmortgage.com.au/news/2090/default.aspx

"Despite the rapidly increasing interest rates, the property market remains stubbornly resilient, new data has showed.

The latest RP Data - Rismark Property Value Indices report showed that house values climbed by 13.97% during the 12 months ending January 2008 - a sharp contrast with the share market performance which saw the S&P ASX 200 Index falling by 2.13%."

"The resilience of the Australian residential property market in spite of the seven interest rate hikes since March 2005 has been remarkable," said Christopher Joye, CEO, Rismark International. "Ironically, the RBA's contradictory monetary policy stance has only served to exacerbate the housing supply constraints that are underpinning the price growth."
Does'nt seem to be slowing down at all does it, glad we decided to take the plunge and buy before it was well out of our reach............C x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

Aus is behind what is happening in the Northern Hemisphere.

It makes me laff when you read these articles written by "vested interests".

House price rises are not sustainable. The UK has just started to get to grips with the credit crunch and is only just stepping in the quicksand. For what will happen in UK/Aus in the future you only have to read what is CURRENTLY STILL happening in the US, and the US is still not out of the doldrums.

Those that say China will prop up the economy, just one thought, exactly who will be buying their products? Certainly not the biggest market economy in the world (US) and that is where the problem is.

Sorry to have my 2 cents worth, but don't think Aus is immune from the economy slowdown.

CB
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Brav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Aus is behind what is happening in the Northern Hemisphere.

It makes me laff when you read these articles written by "vested interests".

House price rises are not sustainable. The UK has just started to get to grips with the credit crunch and is only just stepping in the quicksand. For what will happen in UK/Aus in the future you only have to read what is CURRENTLY STILL happening in the US, and the US is still not out of the doldrums.

Those that say China will prop up the economy, just one thought, exactly who will be buying their products? Certainly not the biggest market economy in the world (US) and that is where the problem is.

Sorry to have my 2 cents worth, but don't think Aus is immune from the economy slowdown.

CB
I agree. What goes up, must come down.