Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

National Calls - cheaper rate???

National Calls - cheaper rate???

Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Default National Calls - cheaper rate???

Hi All

I just got my phone bill and I am finding the cost of national calls expensive in comparison to calling UK and Ireland (using a phone card). Has anyone got any suggestions or is there a phone card for use within Oz?

Thanks

Sue
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:43 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: National Calls - cheaper rate???

Originally Posted by suebrennan
Hi All

I just got my phone bill and I am finding the cost of national calls expensive in comparison to calling UK and Ireland (using a phone card). Has anyone got any suggestions or is there a phone card for use within Oz?

Thanks

Sue
Ignore my comments, sorry thought you were after cheap calls to UK. Sorry should read question fully and engage brain before letting fingers loose!

LJJ
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Try http://www.ozprepaidcards.com.au

There are some good prepaid calling cards on there that are good for both Aus national and calling mobiles as well as UK. To get cheapest for both, you might have to buy 2 different cards. Otherwise, the lime phonecard is good for both and has no connection fee.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks

Sue
Hi there

We use a "Bubble Card" to call the UK and although we haven't done it yet, I understand you can use it to make national calls.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ljj
Ignore my comments, sorry thought you were after cheap calls to UK. Sorry should read question fully and engage brain before letting fingers loose!

LJJ
Don't worry - I do that frequently myself!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 7:52 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks

Sue
Hi Sue

Are you on braodband? Check out www.jajah.com which ia VOIP Internet phone which uses your normal telephone and the internet connection.
Free to join and they give you £1.80 to try the system, so there is nothing to loose.
We phone the UK all the time and it's 0.015p per minute. If the caller is also a Jajah user, the call is totally free!

Neil.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Hi Sue

Are you on braodband? Check out www.jajah.com which ia VOIP Internet phone which uses your normal telephone and the internet connection.
Free to join and they give you £1.80 to try the system, so there is nothing to loose.
We phone the UK all the time and it's 0.015p per minute. If the caller is also a Jajah user, the call is totally free!

Neil.
Thanks Neil

I was after a way of phoning nationally cheaply not overseas but ---. Oz call is cheaper than what you are using for both UK and Ireland at 5 cents per minute so check that out if you want to save a bit of money. A close friend of mine lives in Sydney and I am in Brisbane and as we chat for hours I want to find the cheapest way possible to do that.

Regards

Sue
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Try http://www.ozprepaidcards.com.au

There are some good prepaid calling cards on there that are good for both Aus national and calling mobiles as well as UK. To get cheapest for both, you might have to buy 2 different cards. Otherwise, the lime phonecard is good for both and has no connection fee.
Hi Sparkley

I could have found that via google I was hoping for a specific answer eg. this phone card charges this rate to call within Oz but thank you anyway.

Sue
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:17 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

try www.webcalldirect.com you can call most countries (Including Australia) for 5cents connection and then you get 300 minutes per week, but it does cost 5c for every time you connect a call....................not bad if you ask me!
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
try www.webcalldirect.com you can call most countries (Including Australia) for 5cents connection and then you get 300 minutes per week, but it does cost 5c for every time you connect a call....................not bad if you ask me!

Thanks guys. My best mate lives in Sydney and when we get on the phone it can be a long chat and I am finding it nuts that I can phone the UK or Ireland for a fraction of the cost.

Sue