Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

National Australia Bank

National Australia Bank

Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice
Default National Australia Bank

Your thoughts / experiences please guys. We were thinking of setting up an account with them now so it is ready to use when we arrive in Oz in January.
Please let me know if they are rubbish!!
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: National Australia Bank

I used them as soon as I arrived here and they have been great - easy to set up initially and really helpful ongoing
Old Jun 8th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

We're planning on using these guys when we get over there - well, we'll set it up before we get there. My Dad has been using them for years and recommended them to us.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 4:24 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

I set up an account with these guys online and activated it on my reccie trip so it's 100% open and useable and because Iwasn't PR at the time they have kept me on the very basic account which doesn't incure the monthly fees until I actually get settled in Aus and start working when I can change it for a better account. I couldn't fault the service I received from initial setup online to my meeting in branch to verify my details. the guy I dealt with in the melbourne branch was fantastic and so helpful (maybe uk banks could take a leaf out of thier book)
Old Jun 9th 2008, 1:41 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paul30
I set up an account with these guys online and activated it on my reccie trip so it's 100% open and useable and because Iwasn't PR at the time they have kept me on the very basic account which doesn't incure the monthly fees until I actually get settled in Aus and start working when I can change it for a better account. I couldn't fault the service I received from initial setup online to my meeting in branch to verify my details. the guy I dealt with in the melbourne branch was fantastic and so helpful (maybe uk banks could take a leaf out of thier book)
I agree with these comments.
We opened a NAB account prior to arrival and cannot fault them.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 1:04 am
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice

Hi. We have just set up an account with NAB from the UK and found them really helpful. We set up the account online and spoke to a UK based office which was helpful. If you go on there website the is a migrant banking section. A few days after opening the account we had all the details with account nos and sort code posted to us. All we have to do is go to the bank when we arrive with ID and activate the account. I think you can put money in from the UK but need to get it activated before you can do any withdrawls. Will let you know how they are when we are up and running!

ps flying out 28th June

good luck Andy
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

NAB also provides these extrashttp://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

http://www.nabgroup.com/0,,32867,00.html