National Australia bank

National Australia bank

Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:31 am
arg
Forum Regular

arg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default National Australia bank

Does anyone have any experience of NAB.

I bank with Yorkshire bank in England and they say they can set me an aaount up and transfer funds quite easily, also they can transfer my credit rating etc.

Any bad experiences with National Australia Bank which may influence my decision?

Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:49 am
JackieHamilton

No experience of the NAB directly, but do know someone who works for the Yorkshire Bank who has frequented the NAB in Melbourne on a number of times and sings its praises.

We are using the Commonwealth, suggest you get info from both.

If you are transferring over £30k, the Commonwealth will offer you varying options such as

- you can bank and transfer the money at the exchange rate that day
- you can advise them of the rate at which you want to transfer, then they will watch the rates for you and transfer when it reaches your target
- or you can watch it yourself and advise them when you are ready to transfer

Not sure about tax and stuff for holding it in either an English or Australian account.

When you arrive in Oz you simply take your passports and driving license to the nearest Commonwealth and they will active your account.

Leaving from Brisbane 6th August.

Jackie & Craig