British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   nat west pigs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nat-west-pigs-172286/)

sue&bob Aug 14th 2003 9:12 pm

nat west pigs

hi.
could anyone advise , both my children have a set of the nat west bank pigs does anyone know if its worth taking them to oz or would it be better to sell them before we go,as far as i know they are worth around £200 here,we are unsure if they would be worth anything in oz(they proberbly never heard of nat west),
I know its a stupid question but dont know of anyone to ask.
:) sue&bob

bussie Aug 14th 2003 9:27 pm

i have just sold my wifes on ebay and got 175 quid for them when i did a search on ebay in australia i didnt turn up any thing
but you can always sell them on the uk ebay site from australia it will just cost the person who buys them more for postage but you can always come to some agreement

sully4441 Aug 14th 2003 11:36 pm

Re: nat west pigs

Originally posted by sue&bob
hi.
could anyone advise , both my children have a set of the nat west bank pigs does anyone know if its worth taking them to oz or would it be better to sell them before we go,as far as i know they are worth around £200 here,we are unsure if they would be worth anything in oz(they proberbly never heard of nat west),
I know its a stupid question but dont know of anyone to ask.
:) sue&bob
Let me know if you want to sell a set. Might be interested.
LMS

alrobson Aug 15th 2003 7:25 am

Hi,

I buy and sell collectables. I'd advise you to sell them in the UK, they were not available in Australia so are not worth anything there. You might get lucky with an ex brit who wants a set whilst you're over there but I doubt you'd get the price you want.

If you have them on display then you might want to keep them but if they are hidden away in a box then you get no enjoyment from them so you might as well get rid.

FYI. The prices have been stable for a while so I wouldn't expect them to go up much in the next 10-20 years.

Adrian

JammingGoodJa Aug 15th 2003 11:18 am

Originally posted by alrobson
Hi,

I buy and sell collectables. I'd advise you to sell them in the UK, they were not available in Australia so are not worth anything there. You might get lucky with an ex brit who wants a set whilst you're over there but I doubt you'd get the price you want.

If you have them on display then you might want to keep them but if they are hidden away in a box then you get no enjoyment from them so you might as well get rid.

FYI. The prices have been stable for a while so I wouldn't expect them to go up much in the next 10-20 years.

Adrian
Natwest piggy bank pricing analysis and forecasts??? fascinating stuff!!!

HUP Aug 15th 2003 11:28 am

Originally posted by JammingGoodJa
Natwest piggy bank pricing analysis and forecasts??? fascinating stuff!!!
Its a forum for people to ask questions. So what if some of them are a bit bizarre.

Havn't seen many riviting threads by you

JammingGoodJa Aug 15th 2003 11:33 am

Originally posted by HUP
Its a forum for people to ask questions. So what if some of them are a bit bizarre.

Havn't seen many riviting threads by you
what this?? a personal attack?? before lunchtime??? on friday??? chill out, baby and don't spend all the contents of your piggy banks @ once...

HUP Aug 15th 2003 11:38 am

Originally posted by JammingGoodJa
what this?? a personal attack?? before lunchtime??? on friday??? chill out, baby and don't spend all the contents of your piggy banks @ once...
Riviting post well done

Lunched up, Chilled out, spent up

HUP

JammingGoodJa Aug 15th 2003 12:56 pm

Originally posted by HUP
Riviting post well done

Lunched up, Chilled out, spent up

HUP
Jolly good! me too!! well done!!!

cadman Aug 15th 2003 1:39 pm

Ay,ay,ay, .....

Carm down, carm down!!

I saw a set (full set = all 5 I think) for £165 at Bygone Times (large antiques warehouse type place) last week.

I think the 1st ones are easier to come by as the larger ones could only be obtained by having more cash in the savings account.

Best of luck selling them though.

I would check e-bay for prices but if you're going to sell them you should definitely do it here before you go.

donna Aug 15th 2003 8:10 pm

As a side issue where are people getting rid of their old vinyl records?weve got loads.
donna
sssh ,i havent told him yet that we are getting rid,oh yeah,and his scalectix.

hevs Aug 16th 2003 9:24 pm

Hi Donna. We did the vinyl last weekend, apart from a few warped ones we couldn't bear to part with all of those 12 inches! :p Or the coloured vinyl and picture discs! We also decided theres nothing quite as satisfying as opening a gate fold album with the lyrics printed on it:o Well thats what i was persuaded to believe anyway! So its coming, we have no turntable, but its coming, go figure:rolleyes:

Vicky88 Aug 16th 2003 10:28 pm

I've been fascinated by this conversation because I didn't know what Nat West pigs were. However as suggested I looked on Ebay and am assuming these are money boxes. Just wondering did you buy these and they became collector's item or were they a gift from the bank?

sully4441 Aug 16th 2003 11:37 pm

Originally posted by Vicky88
I've been fascinated by this conversation because I didn't know what Nat West pigs were. However as suggested I looked on Ebay and am assuming these are money boxes. Just wondering did you buy these and they became collector's item or were they a gift from the bank?
I think it all depended on how much you had saved. One for opening and one per agreed amount. Might be wrong. Money was never in my pockets long enough to save it though. It's like everything, pick any old crap that's available today, save it and eventually it becomes a collectors item. 1980's Tesco bag anyone?
LMS

bussie Aug 17th 2003 8:22 am

Originally posted by Vicky88

if you opend a kids account i think you got one pig then when you saved a certian amount you got one more and so on till you got all 5