Wikiposts

nat west pigs

Old Aug 14th 2003, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Default nat west pigs

hi.
could anyone advise , both my children have a set of the nat west bank pigs does anyone know if its worth taking them to oz or would it be better to sell them before we go,as far as i know they are worth around £200 here,we are unsure if they would be worth anything in oz(they proberbly never heard of nat west),
I know its a stupid question but dont know of anyone to ask.
sue&bob
Old Aug 14th 2003, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

i have just sold my wifes on ebay and got 175 quid for them when i did a search on ebay in australia i didnt turn up any thing
but you can always sell them on the uk ebay site from australia it will just cost the person who buys them more for postage but you can always come to some agreement
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nat west pigs

Originally posted by sue&bob
hi.
could anyone advise , both my children have a set of the nat west bank pigs does anyone know if its worth taking them to oz or would it be better to sell them before we go,as far as i know they are worth around £200 here,we are unsure if they would be worth anything in oz(they proberbly never heard of nat west),
I know its a stupid question but dont know of anyone to ask.
sue&bob
Let me know if you want to sell a set. Might be interested.
LMS
Old Aug 14th 2003, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I buy and sell collectables. I'd advise you to sell them in the UK, they were not available in Australia so are not worth anything there. You might get lucky with an ex brit who wants a set whilst you're over there but I doubt you'd get the price you want.

If you have them on display then you might want to keep them but if they are hidden away in a box then you get no enjoyment from them so you might as well get rid.

FYI. The prices have been stable for a while so I wouldn't expect them to go up much in the next 10-20 years.

Adrian
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

JammingGoodJa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by alrobson
Hi,

I buy and sell collectables. I'd advise you to sell them in the UK, they were not available in Australia so are not worth anything there. You might get lucky with an ex brit who wants a set whilst you're over there but I doubt you'd get the price you want.

If you have them on display then you might want to keep them but if they are hidden away in a box then you get no enjoyment from them so you might as well get rid.

FYI. The prices have been stable for a while so I wouldn't expect them to go up much in the next 10-20 years.

Adrian
Natwest piggy bank pricing analysis and forecasts??? fascinating stuff!!!
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:28 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JammingGoodJa
Natwest piggy bank pricing analysis and forecasts??? fascinating stuff!!!
Its a forum for people to ask questions. So what if some of them are a bit bizarre.

Havn't seen many riviting threads by you
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by HUP
Its a forum for people to ask questions. So what if some of them are a bit bizarre.

Havn't seen many riviting threads by you
what this?? a personal attack?? before lunchtime??? on friday??? chill out, baby and don't spend all the contents of your piggy banks @ once...
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:38 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JammingGoodJa
what this?? a personal attack?? before lunchtime??? on friday??? chill out, baby and don't spend all the contents of your piggy banks @ once...
Riviting post well done

Lunched up, Chilled out, spent up

HUP
Old Aug 15th 2003, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by HUP
Riviting post well done

Lunched up, Chilled out, spent up

HUP
Jolly good! me too!! well done!!!
Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Ay,ay,ay, .....

Carm down, carm down!!

I saw a set (full set = all 5 I think) for £165 at Bygone Times (large antiques warehouse type place) last week.

I think the 1st ones are easier to come by as the larger ones could only be obtained by having more cash in the savings account.

Best of luck selling them though.

I would check e-bay for prices but if you're going to sell them you should definitely do it here before you go.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

As a side issue where are people getting rid of their old vinyl records?weve got loads.
donna
sssh ,i havent told him yet that we are getting rid,oh yeah,and his scalectix.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:24 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna. We did the vinyl last weekend, apart from a few warped ones we couldn't bear to part with all of those 12 inches! Or the coloured vinyl and picture discs! We also decided theres nothing quite as satisfying as opening a gate fold album with the lyrics printed on it Well thats what i was persuaded to believe anyway! So its coming, we have no turntable, but its coming, go figure
Old Aug 16th 2003, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been fascinated by this conversation because I didn't know what Nat West pigs were. However as suggested I looked on Ebay and am assuming these are money boxes. Just wondering did you buy these and they became collector's item or were they a gift from the bank?
Old Aug 16th 2003, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vicky88
I've been fascinated by this conversation because I didn't know what Nat West pigs were. However as suggested I looked on Ebay and am assuming these are money boxes. Just wondering did you buy these and they became collector's item or were they a gift from the bank?
I think it all depended on how much you had saved. One for opening and one per agreed amount. Might be wrong. Money was never in my pockets long enough to save it though. It's like everything, pick any old crap that's available today, save it and eventually it becomes a collectors item. 1980's Tesco bag anyone?
LMS
Old Aug 16th 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Vicky88

if you opend a kids account i think you got one pig then when you saved a certian amount you got one more and so on till you got all 5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.