Nasty Cat

Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Ooops, don't know why that didn't work...
Attached Thumbnails Nasty Cat-mo.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Evil
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:33 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't you have got the vet to cut them like Spock's? Then your nipper could play all sorts of Star Trek games with her.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:35 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nasty Cat

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi all
Seeing as I now consult expats before making any major decisions, I thought I'd run this one past you all...
We have a particularly nasty cat, who we're not taking to Aus as she's had melanoma (spent £200 getting her ears removed!!!!) and the vet has advised against taking her. (We don't really like her anyway and have a much nicer cat who is lovely.) Today, she scratched our little 91/2 month old bubba, right across his face, narrowly missing his eye by about a millimetre. Yesterday, she tried the same and caught his cheek. She also got close to his eye a couple of weeks ago, but we thought we'd give her another chance. Hubby is now ranting and ravong about getting rid of her now, rather than waiting to go to Aus. What would you do? What are animal shelters like? I'm umming and arring because I was counting on having the time to get her a good home, but she is a total psycho.... Anyone want a free puddy cat? (with no ears?)
Larissa
Hubbys working at home today so my attempts to logon may be twarted!!!
larissa ditch this psycho
:scared: :scared:
Old Jan 29th 2004, 10:04 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

its from another planet, surely??????!!!!
pmsl!
Old Jan 29th 2004, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Moonstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Seeing as I now consult expats before making any major decisions, I thought I'd run this one past you all...
We have a particularly nasty cat, who we're not taking to Aus as she's had melanoma (spent £200 getting her ears removed!!!!) and the vet has advised against taking her. (We don't really like her anyway and have a much nicer cat who is lovely.) Today, she scratched our little 91/2 month old bubba, right across his face, narrowly missing his eye by about a millimetre. Yesterday, she tried the same and caught his cheek. She also got close to his eye a couple of weeks ago, but we thought we'd give her another chance. Hubby is now ranting and ravong about getting rid of her now, rather than waiting to go to Aus. What would you do? What are animal shelters like? I'm umming and arring because I was counting on having the time to get her a good home, but she is a total psycho.... Anyone want a free puddy cat? (with no ears?)
Larissa
Hubbys working at home today so my attempts to logon may be twarted!!!
My heart goes out to you with your decision - I am an absolute nut about animals and to be honest quite appalled at some of the responses you have received from some people here, I think people would be up in arms if the same remarks made were about children!!!!

Most animal shelters are great - they never rehouse an animal unless totally compatible with the new owners, I think your little cat needs to go to someone elderly or unlikely to have children as seems very jealous.

I wish you luck with your decision.

Moonstar
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:20 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Just an update on Nasty cat.... meow!!!

Despite the fact she can be bloomin' nasty, we waited.... gradually nipper has learnt not to bundle her, I bought her a lovely new cosy cat basket (put up on the top, out of sprog's reach) and we have decided to take her to Aus... she has softened up! It suddenly occured to me that she could develop melanoma anyway, that I could never be sure that her new owners were really looking after her well & that we could keep her in during the real heat of the day (kinda like a housecat, but can go out at other times).
Here's a piccy of the old gal (Mo's her name)... for those who haven't read the thread, her ears were docked due to melanoma. She doesn't seem to bothered to be without them, but does look a bit weird!
AWW!

I've gone all teary. I do love a happy ending

Nasty cats , can become nice cats if your patient with them.
good luck
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:25 pm
WBB

there would be two of us going for a walk and one coming back!

:lecture:

Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:32 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by WBB

The cat is going to push you off the nearest bridge is he?.. clever pussy
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:38 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Ceri
The cat is going to push you off the nearest bridge is he?.. clever pussy
you walked straight into that one.......again

no wonder you were heavily nominated as the most predictable poster 2003, are you trying to wrap up 2004?

Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:45 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Moonstar
and to be honest quite appalled at some of the responses you have received from some people here, I think people would be up in arms if the same remarks made were about children!!!!
Here we go again. Don't ya just love the nasty cat thread. . I think Moonstar that a lot of the stuff said on here was in jest and also specifically aimed at winding some people up. Won't mention any names though.....

CATS ARE THE ENEMY
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by WBB

WBB

My personal experience with the human kind is that if you are not an animal lover you are not a compassionate person in general.

I totally agree with Ceri in all her threads on this one.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by HUP
Here we go again. Don't ya just love the nasty cat thread. . I think Moonstar that a lot of the stuff said on here was in jest and also specifically aimed at winding some people up. Won't mention any names though.....

CATS ARE THE ENEMY

Thank you HUP but have to say always rise to the occasions when it comes to animals can't help myself - they are always excuse my pun 'the under dogs'
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Moonstar
My personal experience with the human kind is that if you are not an animal lover you are not a compassionate person in general.
I love dogs, but hate cats. Where does that put me in your compassion index?
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:55 pm
WBB

cat kills woman

you couldn't make it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.