British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   NARRE WARREN SOUTH MELBOURNE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/narre-warren-south-melbourne-470096/)

carolwilk34 Jul 30th 2007 9:53 am

NARRE WARREN SOUTH MELBOURNE

Hi Folks

Just browsing the house prices for this area and surrounding areas like Cranbourne, Patterson Lakes. Can anyone give me any information on the locality. Is this a built up area or in the sticks? House prices seem really reasonable compared with Perth but is this for a good reason?

Also, how much sunshine does Melbourne get?

Thanks for any input

johanne Jul 30th 2007 10:11 am

Re: NARRE WARREN SOUTH MELBOURNE

Originally Posted by carolwilk34 (Post 5124064)
Hi Folks

Just browsing the house prices for this area and surrounding areas like Cranbourne, Patterson Lakes. Can anyone give me any information on the locality. Is this a built up area or in the sticks? House prices seem really reasonable compared with Perth but is this for a good reason?

Thanks for any input

Hi Carol
Narre South and Cranbourne and are built up areas. The prices seem to be going up and up and if you were to buy, now would be the time. The areas you are asking about are nice and dont seem to have too much trouble going on. We used to live in Narre (fountain gate) quite a few years ago, and never had any trouble..

carolwilk34 Jul 30th 2007 10:22 am

Originally Posted by johanne (Post 5124138)
Hi Carol
Narre South and Cranbourne and are built up areas. The prices seem to be going up and up and if you were to buy, now would be the time. The areas you are asking about are nice and dont seem to have too much trouble going on. We used to live in Narre (fountain gate) quite a few years ago, and never had any trouble..

Thanks for the reply. We are in Perth and the house prices are unbelievable. Just looking for options at the moment. Can you tell me what the weather is really like? do you get consistent sunshine in summer and rain in winter? How far would Narre be from the city?

Thanks for taking the time to post.

johanne Jul 30th 2007 10:40 am

Originally Posted by carolwilk34 (Post 5124178)
Thanks for the reply. We are in Perth and the house prices are unbelievable. Just looking for options at the moment. Can you tell me what the weather is really like? do you get consistent sunshine in summer and rain in winter? How far would Narre be from the city?

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Hi again Carol
I found the weather last summe down here to be very hot and got a bit much at times. Probably the top temp was around 45c and it stayed in the 30,s for months on end (well ,felt like it) Winter can be cold and damp, but it warms up again quickly, around Sept/Oct it gets nice again.

Travelling to the city by train would take around 40/45 mins give or take.

BadgeIsBack Jul 30th 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by carolwilk34 (Post 5124064)
Hi Folks

Thanks for any input

Melbourne gets less sunshine than other parts of Australia in the winter months. But it outperforms the Uk and other parts of Europe for the rest of the year.

Anywhere 45 mins - hour from Melbourne will be cheaper.

Narre Warren and Cranbourne are suburbs that consist of rows and rows of hosuing serviced by a big mall - Fountain Gate. It is part of a growth corridor.

Go and look around that place and it will give you an idea of the area. There are some very nice pockets around it and the higher prices reflect this. There are some cherry-pick new estates - a few spring to mind -and some very ordinary areas. It is not necessarily an area which will improve with time.

Berwick is alot nicer.