Narangba

Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:25 am
Just Joined

finona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Narangba

Have been living in Australia for past year and finally decided to buy. Looking at Narangba and love the large land, nice houses etc but also read that there was an industrial fire 2 years back and also ?contamination of the creek from the industrial sites. Also seen it mentioned as a property blackspot. I really really like the look of the area but don't want to end up stuck there as no-one wants to buy your house ten years down the line.

Is there anyway you can check on an area as to their environment status? Does the govt issue any reports etc about areas? It's looks lovely with large parks etc but what is it really like? Also like the look of Petrie so if anyone can give me a bit more info then thankyou.

F x
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of
Default Re: Narangba

I can only give you my comments as we have lived in Narangba since January 2008.

We are in the newer estate called Creekside just along from the fantastic spider park and only a 5 minute walk to the new school.

We have found it to be quiet and a beautiful area with lots of greenway's and love it here. It is a away from all the hustle and bustle of say North Lakes and is only a short drive to Morayfield or Westfield.

As for bad areas, I guess there are bad areas in every estate in the world, so far we have not seen or heard of any problems around us.

Our kids can go out to play by themselves, they are 5 and 9, and I do not have any worries about that as there are many families with children who we now know and who our kids play with.

But Horses for courses, all I can suggest is to rent here for short time and check it out, or come and visit us anytime.

Heritage Pacific are the main land agents and have many house and land packages, also there are a few Brad McLachan packages still for sale in Creekside.

Bobby
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

mordechaivanunu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We also live in Narangba (well actually in area called Narangba valley) and have been here for 2 weeks (we also live in creekside)!! I can say that at present we are finding it really nice (quiet, nice parks areas to walk, etc) also we have two daughters at the schools there (1 in narangba valley state high school and another in naragba valley state school (basically primary) They came from really good schools in the UK and find their new one's comparable. Thery have made friends already settling in well. I work just over the gateway bridge and it takes me around 35-45 minutes to get to work (although I do leave at 0515hrs) My wife works at caboolture hospital and it takes her 20 minutes to get there, so travelling is not to bad. We like the area as said before, close to shopping centres (north lakes, morayfield etc). also not too bad for times to nice bveaches also (redcliffe suttons beach etc). So all in all we are finding it really nice at present. Hope this helps
Geoff
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:26 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by finona
Have been living in Australia for past year and finally decided to buy. Looking at Narangba and love the large land, nice houses etc but also read that there was an industrial fire 2 years back and also ?contamination of the creek from the industrial sites. Also seen it mentioned as a property blackspot. I really really like the look of the area but don't want to end up stuck there as no-one wants to buy your house ten years down the line.

Is there anyway you can check on an area as to their environment status? Does the govt issue any reports etc about areas? It's looks lovely with large parks etc but what is it really like? Also like the look of Petrie so if anyone can give me a bit more info then thankyou.

F x
Well there's your answer.... if you need to sell for any reason, a British expat will happily buy from you.

I did find this for you thought:

http://brec.ozecol.org/news/current/narangba_1.htm

http://www.brisbane.foe.org.au/narangba.htm

IF you google 'environment Narangba' then the 10th link down that list is a PDF environmental impact report which makes interesting reading.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Nov 21st 2008 at 12:33 am.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

last year narangba what touted as a housing hotspot well at least in the money making on your property sense
its a bit quite and local shops in particular takeaways and restaurants are poor but as said before its not far to travel some better places all in all good value for money I would say, far more likey to hold value than north lakes type blocks ( no offence to nl residents by the way)
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Well there's your answer.... if you need to sell for any reason, a British expat will happily buy from you.

I did find this for you thought:

http://brec.ozecol.org/news/current/narangba_1.htm

http://www.brisbane.foe.org.au/narangba.htm

IF you google 'environment Narangba' then the 10th link down that list is a PDF environmental impact report which makes interesting reading.

But to put it into perspective, the first link shows photo's of the industrial estate at Potassium street, which actually is closer to North Lakes than Narangba Valley or Creekside.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:52 am
Just Joined

finona is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for all the comments.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
But to put it into perspective, the first link shows photo's of the industrial estate at Potassium street, which actually is closer to North Lakes than Narangba Valley or Creekside.
Maybe what puts it in more perspective is the class action being taken against State of Queensland.

'In June 2006 the community living in the vicinity of the Narangba Industrial Estate began a class action against the state of Queensland over years of contamination and illness resulting from the proximity of hazardous industries to their homes.'

and that during the fire 'Chemicals released into the air and water by the Binary fire include: 2,4 D, diuron, glyphosate. Also Chlorpyrifos which is banned in the US due to their risk to children, and Bifenthrin which is banned in Europe due to it's toxicity and link with cancer. '

Has anyone got the details of the spread of the chemicals and the wind directions from that day of the fire?

If it was me choosing a place to live, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, regardless of how nice it looked. It wouldn't be the re-sale of my house that would bother me, but the chance of 'unexplained illness' (which seems to dog the local population) and possible health problems for my children.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Maybe what puts it in more perspective is the class action being taken against State of Queensland.

'In June 2006 the community living in the vicinity of the Narangba Industrial Estate began a class action against the state of Queensland over years of contamination and illness resulting from the proximity of hazardous industries to their homes.'

and that during the fire 'Chemicals released into the air and water by the Binary fire include: 2,4 D, diuron, glyphosate. Also Chlorpyrifos which is banned in the US due to their risk to children, and Bifenthrin which is banned in Europe due to it's toxicity and link with cancer. '

Has anyone got the details of the spread of the chemicals and the wind directions from that day of the fire?

If it was me choosing a place to live, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, regardless of how nice it looked. It wouldn't be the re-sale of my house that would bother me, but the chance of 'unexplained illness' (which seems to dog the local population) and possible health problems for my children.

Yes, looking at it that way and taking wind direction into account then stay clear of,

Caboulture, Morayfield, Deception Bay, Kallanger, Redcliffe, North Lakes, Narangba, Burpengary, Petrie, Dakabin, Mango Hill, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe the case in the news recently about high cancer levels in Deception Bay was caused by a toxic Release from Narangba.

Then you better all stay clear of all Brisbane itself due to all the chemical plants and Refinery's based along Lytton Road and Port of Brisbane. One company has Hydrofluoric Acid, which when released as vapor would travel into Brisbane if the wind was right, and one drop of that stuff will kill you.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...07/1340068.htm

My point is that unless you stay in a far off remote area, the chances are that somewhere within striking distance if the wind is right are company's and factory's that all use toxic or hazardous materials.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:52 am

Yes, looking at it that way and taking wind direction into account then stay clear of,

Caboulture, Morayfield, Deception Bay, Kallanger, Redcliffe, North Lakes, Narangba, Burpengary, Petrie, Dakabin, Mango Hill, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe the case in the news recently about high cancer levels in Deception Bay was caused by a toxic Release from Narangba.

Then you better all stay clear of all Brisbane itself due to all the chemical plants and Refinery's based along Lytton Road and Port of Brisbane. One company has Hydrofluoric Acid, which when released as vapor would travel into Brisbane if the wind was right, and one drop of that stuff will kill you.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...07/1340068.htm

My point is that unless you stay in a far off remote area, the chances are that somewhere within striking distance if the wind is right are company's and factory's that all use toxic or hazardous materials.
I'm so glad I live in NSW.

So you're saying, no matter where you live, you take a risk anyway?

That's fair enough... it's hard to avoid risk, but you can avoid places which you know about.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

As said before, Brisbane has a lot of refineries and chemical plants around Lyyton road, close to the city, and I should know as I work for one of them!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mordechaivanunu
As said before, Brisbane has a lot of refineries and chemical plants around Lyyton road, close to the city, and I should know as I work for one of them!!!!
Which one?

I work for Caltex
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Incitec Pivot, but know a few at Caltex, PM me and we can have a chat
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

LoveAlab will become famous soon enoughLoveAlab will become famous soon enough

Which one?

I work for Caltex

My husband works at Caltex Oil Refinery too
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LoveAlab
My husband works at Caltex Oil Refinery too
Whats his name and I will see if I know him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.