Narangba

Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Narangba

I had a tip off a senior estate agent that narangba and ningi were the best value in property at the moment
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

So where do you go around this area if you want country ?

Originally Posted by annqldau
House prices in D'Bay are starting to move up. Kallanger is a little more built up than Narangba depends if you want the estate or country feel really.
Also worth looking at Upper Caboolture, Dakabin and Burpengary and Warner and Joiner.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Looking at Narangba, it seems really nice, has anything changed in the last couple of months ?

How about the industry, that is my main concern, have there been any more articles in the news ?

Coming over in November for a reccie and would appreciate any advise, so I can then decide to cross it off or keep it on my list ?

Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:08 am
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of

Narangba, is a fine place for families to live in - it's very quiet and safe with a growing community. We lived there for nearly 2 years when we first came to Australia to live.

Do check out the schools for yourself though - I have had some disturbing reports about unruly kids and poor standards in some of the local State Schools, I know Narangba High School hit the news last year with a drug issue - where one pupil took in a bag full of tablets and handed them around the class like sweets (or lollies as they call them here) and several kids were rushed to hospital. - I guess this could happen anywhere though!!

Dakabin State High and Morayfield have both been given a bad name by Aussie colleagues I work with - so what I would suggest to you is to ask if you can sit in on a lesson and make a judgement for yourself. hope this helps.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:17 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swooty
Looking at Narangba, it seems really nice, has anything changed in the last couple of months ?

How about the industry, that is my main concern, have there been any more articles in the news ?

Coming over in November for a reccie and would appreciate any advise, so I can then decide to cross it off or keep it on my list ?

Industry in Narangba??

Such as what, theres a train line, some whinging residents over a telecom tower, Narangba Timbers and thats about it.. apart from small light industrial stuff..

< I for one like Narangba, it's an inch closer to Brisbane than Morayfield but largely the blocks are acreage, which doesnt give much scope for hiked price increases.

To the best of my knowledge, the 5 yr subdivision hold, is in place, with about 3-4 years left to run. So perhaps, we will see, 5 and 10 acre 2 street blocks, in coucil looking for subdivision, in the next 3 years or so.

Regarding schools, the only school i am aware of thats got a bad name for itself, is Caboolture High

Narangba is within 5 minute drive of Petrie, and so you can use the excellent Strathpine School. My kids go there and love it.

Steve
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Industry in Narangba??

Such as what, theres a train line, some whinging residents over a telecom tower, Narangba Timbers and thats about it.. apart from small light industrial stuff..

< I for one like Narangba, it's an inch closer to Brisbane than Morayfield but largely the blocks are acreage, which doesnt give much scope for hiked price increases.

To the best of my knowledge, the 5 yr subdivision hold, is in place, with about 3-4 years left to run. So perhaps, we will see, 5 and 10 acre 2 street blocks, in coucil looking for subdivision, in the next 3 years or so.

Regarding schools, the only school i am aware of thats got a bad name for itself, is Caboolture High

Narangba is within 5 minute drive of Petrie, and so you can use the excellent Strathpine School. My kids go there and love it.

Steve
Steve

Thanks for the info, its just something I picked up of another thread, something about the Chemical Works and planned industry in the area, what ever that meant ??

Many thanks
Swooty
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:30 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swooty
Steve

Thanks for the info, its just something I picked up of another thread, something about the Chemical Works and planned industry in the area, what ever that meant ??

Many thanks
Swooty
No worries..

Narangba is a great area, and offers some bloody good value for money.
Not aware of chemical works...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:45 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

No worries..

Did the irradiation plant ever go ahead there ?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Did the irradiation plant ever go ahead there ?
All I can find upto date is this

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/narangb...ents/32534.pdf

Wasnt aware of one there, mind you I dont live there. So dont get updates
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:58 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

All I can find upto date is this

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/narangb...ents/32534.pdf

Wasnt aware of one there, mind you I dont live there. So dont get updates
Cheers for that. I remember the outcry of locals in the early 2000s, due to plans to build a food irradiation plant in Potassium Way on the estate. Cobalt 60 process or something. A quick Google refers to the plant opening in 2003. Not sure if it started up or not.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:59 am
Banned

Cheers for that. I remember the outcry of locals in the early 2000s, due to plans to build a food irradiation plant in Potassium Way on the estate. Cobalt 60 process or something. A quick Google refers to the plant opening in 2003. Not sure if it started up or not.
LOL

I sense propoganda afoot on google, cos nothing seems recent.. will keep looking but
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:15 am
Absinthe Minded

LOL

I sense propoganda afoot on google, cos nothing seems recent.. will keep looking but
According to Steritech, it'll cure rather than cause cancer. Good news for the locals then
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

No worries..

Hi what do you think of some of the surrounding areas like Burpengary, Morayfield and Deception bay. Moving over in March next year so any info would be great.

thanks Lorna
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

According to Steritech, it'll cure rather than cause cancer. Good news for the locals then
So you've found out the Steritech plant did actually go ahead then...

When I was doing research on where to live near Brisbane 3 years ago, I crossed off Narangba because of the Steritech plant there. I thought the place must have been too cheap (comparing to many other areas on the train line) for a reason.

Here're a couple of FAQs from Steritech's web site:

3. How much Radiation is dangerous ?
We have to think about the effects of exposure to radiation in two ways. What happens after a large radiation exposure and what may happen in the long-term after receiving a smaller dose.

A very large dose of radiation of more than 10 sievert will cause the death of the person irradiated within a few weeks. Smaller doses of 2 or 3 sievert may make the person nauseous but such a dose is not fatal in the short term.

Smaller doses would not have any immediate effect but may lead to cancer in later life. Even though no effects have been observed below about 50mSv in radiation protection, for maximum safety, it is assumed that any radiation exposure carries some small risk. A dose of 1mSv is considered to represent a risk of 1 in 20,000 (0.005%) of producing some form of cancer. (For comparison the 'natural' incidence of cancer in Australia is about 1 in 3 (0.33%) and about 1 in 6 people in this country will die from some form of cancer.)

4. If large doses of Radiation kills pests and insects, wouldn’t it be dangerous for workers or local residents of the plants ?

No. Sterilization plants have been operating for nearly 50 years and their design and safety controls have developed a high degree of sophistication.

They consist of a deep pool of water to store and shield the radiation source when it is not in use. A cell with thick concrete walls shields the source when it is in use. There are two mazes within each cell. One contains a conveyor to move the product to be irradiated into and out of the cell. The other maze is for access by personnel when the source is in the shielded position. There are duplicated interlocks and several radiation monitoring devices to ensure employees cannot enter the irradiation cell when the source is exposed.

The company has to obtain State Government licences to operate the plants and they are inspected regularly by officers of the Radiation Safety Branches.

Steritech has over 45 years experience in operating sterilization plants in both Sydney and Melbourne. During that time there has not been one accident or incident that has lead to a radiation exposure of either Steritech employees or members of the public.
If the process of irradiation wasn't dangerous or harmful, they wouldn't need the highly sophisticated safety controls. Just my very humble opinion, of course.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:26 pm
Absinthe Minded

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
So you've found out the Steritech plant did actually go ahead then...

When I was doing research on where to live near Brisbane 3 years ago, I crossed off Narangba because of the Steritech plant there. I thought the place must have been too cheap (comparing to many other areas on the train line) for a reason.

Here're a couple of FAQs from Steritech's web site:

If the process of irradiation wasn't dangerous or harmful, they wouldn't need the highly sophisticated safety controls. Just my very humble opinion, of course.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Yeah, I like the last bit. I believe I saw somewhere that the Victorian Plant is in or near Dandenong. Nuff Said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.