Old Dec 27th 2006, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name this Spider? It's not an Andrews Cross

How about this?

http://www.usq.edu.au/spider/find/spiders/104.htm
Old Dec 27th 2006, 7:13 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annqldau
Name this Spider? It's not an Andrews Cross.

Has large multi-level ball like web spanning abou 2 foot in garden.
Its not a spider at all its a marsupial goat native to western australia .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 7:17 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Name this Spider? It's not an Andrews Cross

Originally Posted by thedons
Maybe funnel web? :scared:
Funnelwebs live underground. They don't spin conventional webs.

They're also much bigger.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 7:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
Its not a spider at all its a marsupial goat native to western australia .
called Fred
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

My guess is that it's a Tent Web Spider

What prize do I win?

Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
Oops - just spotted you'd got there before me.

Good on ya.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:43 pm
G'Day Mate

AussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeAussieFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Body length:

female: 15 mm :scared:
male: 4 mm
Old Dec 28th 2006, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi damned if I know but I wish I had not bothered enlarging the picture!!! Spooky :scared: Donna & Neil
Old Dec 28th 2006, 8:45 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Name this Spider? It's not an Andrews Cross

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
My guess is that it's a Tent Web Spider

What prize do I win?

Well done matey that's def him/her the Tent Web spider Cyrtophora mollucensis... will send you some of the offspring in the post asap once there are some.

Cheers, will rename my photos correctly now.

Anyone else have any spiders to identify??? One below is a garden orb.
Attached Thumbnails Name this Spider? It's not an Andrews Cross-garden-orb-weaving.jpg  

Last edited by annqldau; Dec 28th 2006 at 8:47 am.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

I've just looked it up in my book and it looks like a 'tent spider'. It says it bites 'only if forced' and has no effect.

I had a HUGE huntsman on my bedroom ceiling this morning, I ran to get the camera but remembered its in the UK along with the rest of my family! I couldn't catch it in a glass as it was too big and too fast, but managed to get it outside by wheeling my exercise bike (which it seemed quite fond of) out the door. I'm sure if it had sat on the seat it could have reached the peddles!!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

I've just found this online

http://www.usq.edu.au/spider/find/spiders/104.htm
Old Dec 28th 2006, 7:50 pm

That's a good site but the picture of the web doesn't do it justice it's so inticate and so many levels really fab.

Cheers.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:46 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahge
I've just looked it up in my book and it looks like a 'tent spider'. It says it bites 'only if forced' and has no effect.

I had a HUGE huntsman on my bedroom ceiling this morning, I ran to get the camera but remembered its in the UK along with the rest of my family! I couldn't catch it in a glass as it was too big and too fast, but managed to get it outside by wheeling my exercise bike (which it seemed quite fond of) out the door. I'm sure if it had sat on the seat it could have reached the peddles!!

pmsl!!!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:31 am

Is it still peddling?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

It was last seen heading south on the Bruce Highway - you can wave as it goes past

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.