Name that DUMP ...

Name that DUMP ...

Old Jun 7th 2003, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nice areas in Perth

Can anyone suggest any areas in Perth they would not want to live in,

Thanks,

Last edited by scoobydooathome; Jun 8th 2003 at 3:31 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

England or Oz ? Joanne and Paul
Old Jun 7th 2003, 12:04 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suburbs in Perth

Hi

We plan to ask a friend of ours who has lived in Perth for 50 years when we start looking at houses/suburbs.

We'll keep you posted.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jopaulss
England or Oz ? Joanne and Paul

Hi there,

Opp's sorry meant to be the Perth areas, good and bad ?

Could be usefull to others,
Old Jun 7th 2003, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Stevandiane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good areas

hi

We went to perth a couple of years ago and are moving there some time this year.

We found that Connoly, Mulaloo, Hillarys, Kinros and Joondaloop were really nice areas north of Perth, but I suppose it depends on what you want, city, suberb or rural. The areas mentioned above are suberbs about 30 mins ish from the city.

If you don't mind being about 40 mins from the city have a look at Wanaroo, some cheap but nice houses. Watch out for the ones with tin roofs! I'm not too keen on them.

Stevan and Diane
Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:46 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Now theres a post that is crying out for PB! even got his town mentioned
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: good areas

Originally posted by Stevandiane
hi

We went to perth a couple of years ago and are moving there some time this year.

We found that Connoly, Mulaloo, Hillarys, Kinros and Joondaloop were really nice areas north of Perth, but I suppose it depends on what you want, city, suberb or rural. The areas mentioned above are suberbs about 30 mins ish from the city.

If you don't mind being about 40 mins from the city have a look at Wanaroo, some cheap but nice houses. Watch out for the ones with tin roofs! I'm not too keen on them.

Stevan and Diane
Hi

We think tin roofs are kak as well, yuk ...

Thanks for that always nice to here others viewS,

Last edited by scoobydooathome; Jun 8th 2003 at 2:14 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Hi

We think tin roofs are kak as well, totally classless yuk ...

"Tin roofs" - i.e. "colourbond roofing" is certainly not to our taste either Scooby, hence the reason we bought brick and tile, but don`t dismiss it too out of hand, it goes for big bucks here...
just remember, the Aussies are not always reknowned for their "taste"!!!
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:38 am
Just Joined

NicciS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

What a question!.

I would stay clear of inner northern suburbs, like balga, girrawheen, maylands, and some of the suburbs between Fremantle and Rockingham.

Where I'd like to Live, Peppermint Grove (Ha, Ha)

However I know for a fact that where we are going to live has a colourbond roof, and I love it! The sound of the rain on the roof is wonderful. Hardly classless, actually the opposite to a characterless brick and tile 4x2!

Regards

|Nicci
Old Jun 8th 2003, 9:51 am
Badge

Default Re: Hi

nothing wrong with colorbond!!! very popular..

for what's it worth my cousin has one - I didn't realise the roof was even tin..

badgers

Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Tin roofs/ colourbond, they are very popular here for one reason. Storms, far less likely to be damaged. Tile roofs here are uselsess when hailstones the size of tennis balls are whipping down. Brisvegas has not had many storm horrors in the last two years, but I can remember a mini tornado thing coming up the street, everyting in in sight lifting up, windows shattering, yet the colourbond roof stayed in tact. Tiled houses around us were well damaged. Saying that I love the storms here they are wild, they make the rain in the UK look like shower.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:53 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We think tin roofs are kak as well, yuk ...

Most new homes here are now having tin roofs because they do not hold in the heat in summer and are less trouble than tiles which fade and crack in the heat , but what would a dreamer know?
The location here counts I find it sad that that Kinross is mentioned as a good area would you live next to a rubbish tip in the UK?

Old Jun 9th 2003, 12:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice areas in Perth

Can anyone suggest any areas in Perth they would not want to live in,

Thanks,
UNEXPLODED bombs pose an increasing safety threat and environmental hazard around Perth as the city expands.

Left-over ordnance from army practice firing during World War II is littered throughout areas to the north and south of the city which are now population hubs.

The main areas of concern are Rockingham and Warnbro in the south and Two Rocks to Lancelin in the north.

The Fire and Emergency Services Authority is compiling a database of which areas may have unexploded ordnance and which have been cleared.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030609/n...sto100890.html

Old Jun 9th 2003, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Stevandiane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default roofs

I suppose looking at the storm/heat thing, maybe tin roofs are a better option in Oz?
Anyone else have any comments about them?

Actually, I didn't think it would invoke such an emotional response.
You have to admit though, tiled roofs look nicer?
We once had a shed with a tin roof, maybe it's swayed my opinion a bit?

As for mentioning Kinross, I do believe that "scoobydooathome" was interested in other peoples views/opinions. If we all had the same opinions, what a sad world it would be! I was just expressing my opinion.

Some people like Kinross, some don't.
Some people like a tin roof, some don't.
Some are trying desperately to emigrate to Perth, some don't know when there well off

I didn’t really understand the “but what would a dreamer know?�
comment, would you care to elaborate?

By the way I’m not trying to be argumentative, a debate never hurt anyone, (yet).

Hi PB
I was just wondering how long you have lived in Perth and why you think it’s so bad?
I was there for a year and couldn’t pick a fault, but again that’s just my opinion.

And on that note ...................

Stevan
Old Jun 9th 2003, 1:05 am
Banned

Default Re: roofs

Originally posted by Stevandiane

Hi PB
I was just wondering how long you have lived in Perth and why you think it’s so bad?
I was there for a year and couldn’t pick a fault, but again that’s just my opinion.

And on that note ...................

Stevan

Tin roofs here are not your shed roof by any means and are the way to go , tiles cannot take the weather here and are going out of fashion.
Lived here 9 years and I am fed up with excepting going backwards in money and jobs plus WA is a state set up for the animals who live off the mines not for us.
As for Kinross its sums up what is wrong with the suburbs here , built next to to the rubbish tip , no social side , no Pub infact bugger all apart from a faceless suburb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.