Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nambour sunshine coast

Nambour sunshine coast

Old Mar 19th 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Jaybee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nambour sunshine coast

Hello , I have a chance of a job based in Nambour north of Brisbane.I would be moving there from Leeds with my wife and two kids age 5 years and 6 months.I would appreciate any information about the area ,schools,shops nice places to live anything really.

Last edited by Jaybee; Mar 19th 2005 at 7:03 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nambour sunshine coast

Originally Posted by Jaybee
Hello , I have a chance of a job based in Nambour north of Brisbane.I would be moving there from Leeds with my wife and two kids age 5 years and 6 months.I would appreciate any information about the area ,schools,shops nice places to live anything really.
There is nothing wrong with taking a job in Nambour, its one of the CBD's and was a interesting little town with a sugar can mill in the middle of it and yellow trains hauling sugar down the main street, al shut down last year sadly. It has the biggest hospital on the coast and is the main town for the hill towns, which collect a wide variety of elderly, family and alternative folk.

The town is very hot in summer and cool in winter nights. I seriously doubt you would want to live there (it is a bit rough and run down, hardly a problem for a job tho), take a job and drive in, woombye and palmwoods are minutes away and nice but still inland and hot in summer, both tho have main streets with little pubs and village feel. Bli bli is close but can be a bit rough, Yandinas great for acerage props, bit alternative too tho, none of these are the upper class suburbs that seem to appeal to brit immigrants tho, the closest ones would be a 20+ min drive, forest glen and mons are west of buderim and easy for nambour because they are near the highway, even mountain creek/ buderim are only 25 mins even in traffic, but put you right near the beaches. Other alternative is the montville maleny areas up the range cool temps in winter but very very quiet facility wise. The thing with nambour is its central coast just off the highway, most places would be OK to live for work there.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Jaybee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nambour sunshine coast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
There is nothing wrong with taking a job in Nambour, its one of the CBD's and was a interesting little town with a sugar can mill in the middle of it and yellow trains hauling sugar down the main street, al shut down last year sadly. It has the biggest hospital on the coast and is the main town for the hill towns, which collect a wide variety of elderly, family and alternative folk.

The town is very hot in summer and cool in winter nights. I seriously doubt you would want to live there (it is a bit rough and run down, hardly a problem for a job tho), take a job and drive in, woombye and palmwoods are minutes away and nice but still inland and hot in summer, both tho have main streets with little pubs and village feel. Bli bli is close but can be a bit rough, Yandinas great for acerage props, bit alternative too tho, none of these are the upper class suburbs that seem to appeal to brit immigrants tho, the closest ones would be a 20+ min drive, forest glen and mons are west of buderim and easy for nambour because they are near the highway, even mountain creek/ buderim are only 25 mins even in traffic, but put you right near the beaches. Other alternative is the montville maleny areas up the range cool temps in winter but very very quiet facility wise. The thing with nambour is its central coast just off the highway, most places would be OK to live for work there.
Thanks for the advice,a 20 min drive would be ok would be nice to be near beaches once again thanks for the tips
Jonny