Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nambour, Queensland???

Wikiposts

Nambour, Queensland???

Old Jun 30th 2006, 6:50 pm
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nambour, Queensland???

Originally Posted by jackie barden
Hi there. we are still in the process of looking at possible ares to move to, WHEN we get the visa, and are presently looking at perth and Brisbane area.
We have been looking at a place called Nambour, Queensland, but havent been very lucky in finding much information.
Does anyone know Nambour? Any information would be appreciated. We will have a child at high school and one starting sixth form/college.
OH a bricklayer, work prospects?
There is a hospital hence the reason for looking there( I am a nurse)
Any info would be great. Thanks J and J

Went to see Ross Noble live in Nambour just a few weeks ago along his Aussie tour (good show if you can catch him and lovely to hear a Geordie accent for 3 hours). Even the Aussies were referring to Nambour as Nambour-ing so you can imagine how Ross had a bit of a field day. Don't think I'd be in a hurry to move here from the other side of the world, put it that way.

Buderim and Mooloolaba FAR nicer. COuld also look at Palmwoods if you want to stay inland a bit

Good luck
Sunshine sarah
Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Jaybee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Glenn Smith
hi there
the main road into nambie as its called acts as two things a road and also a time machine!!!! its a real shocker and hot as hell in summer down in a gully, steer clear my advice. But hey who am i go check it out for yourselves you live and learn, he who dares rodders he who dares.
Glenn
Hi I live at Mudjimba on the Sunshine Coast and travel to Nambour to work.It only takes about 15 mins.Nambour is not a bad place but probably not somewhere you would want to live.The Sunshine Coast is an amazing place with loads of nice spots within a 30 min drive of Nambour.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

The only thing I know about Nambour is the Big Pineapple which is soooo cool! I had a major sugar high on the way there and while there and was majorly hyper - I'm 27 but regressed to a 7 year old for an hour or 2!! Happy Days!!!!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:59 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon and alex
The only thing I know about Nambour is the Big Pineapple which is soooo cool! I had a major sugar high on the way there and while there and was majorly hyper - I'm 27 but regressed to a 7 year old for an hour or 2!! Happy Days!!!!!!!
Last I heard about the Big Pineapple was that it was broke and defunct. Moving the Bruce Highway probably didn't do either it or Nambour much good.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

PegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by huey
Nambour. Have you seen the film Deliverance?
Huey
LOL..maybe if you like Nambour you could consider Gympie?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 10:42 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Nambour does has a bit of a reputation, have seen worse but would not dare to mention......in case of offence!!! Mind you they do have a McCafe that does mega flat whites!!! We live in a tiny town ( one horse) Eudlo, about 15 -20 kms away beautiful area, about 30 mins from lovely beaches. Daughter goes to a fantastic school about 10 kms away.
Any help just shout. Judging by all the building going on in QLD hubby should be laughing!!